_GOTOBOTTOM
Network Talk
For discussions about network-wide site topics, announcments, etc.
POLL
Do you collect action figures?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 02:38 AM UTC
This poll is for a project we are working on. If you have collected or actively collect action figures of any kind please let us know in this poll. We are particularly interested in talking with people who are into the 1/6 scale figures by Dragon and other makers.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 3,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 453 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 02:45 AM UTC
The las t time I checked, I beleive I have about 60. Most of them are from Dragon and I have a couple BBI.

I have the special anniversery HALO jumper from BBI with real working parachute.

I bought most of them while I worked at the hobby store a few years back. It was easy to get them since we ordered them for the store.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 03:14 AM UTC
Pete,
Thanks for responding. I am considering launching a new site for action figure (military) collectors. So this question is for anyone responding yes...

Do you frequent any sites that are for action figure collecting (not manufacturer sites but ones like this one)?

Thanks,
Jim
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 03:21 AM UTC
I sure don't Jim. Actually, I stoped collecting when I left the hobby shop and moved away from Dallas/Ft. Worth. It was hard to get them where I was at, especially with the discount I use to get at work. Plus, I only collected the modern ones and it seemed to slow down after a while.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 03:39 AM UTC
Pete,
Thanks anyways. Yeah I understand the amount of modern stuff is limited. But there are lots of other avenues for getting it. Great Models for example carry some.

I found one fairly popular forum for 1/6 items, onesixthwarrior.com. But they don't support much else besides the forum and a gallery.

Since a lot of these collectors are getting into things like dioramas (usually temporary setups) and face painting, detailing, etc. I thought our content engine might be pretty well suited for this.

And who knows maybe we can drag a few of them into the hobby in the process. hehe

Thanks,
Jim
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 03:45 AM UTC
I have to check that sight out.

All of mine are packed away till we get a house. With three new step sons, I'm affraid to display them thinking that the boys might want to play with them. I trained my oldest son to just look at them and agree he can handle them when he gets older.
4x4RockCrawler
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 31 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 05:44 AM UTC
I don't collect the Dragon battle barbies but I do collect the McFarlane series. They have all sorts of Alien vs Predator figures, sports figures, military figures as well as other famous movie characters
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 06:04 AM UTC
I have some of the reproduction GI Joe figures. A couple from Desert Storm era and a few of the famous Generals like Patton, Ike, and Bradley. Also some other WW2 ones like the Navajo code talker, JFK, Japanese officer, repro US action soldier and a couple of modern ones like the female pilot and modern tanker.
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 07:23 AM UTC
I've been collecting the Homie series because of their subject and scale. The sizes are 1.75 - 2. inches (45mm - 50mm).
But I guess these are not action figures because none in the series articulate.

RotorHead67
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,174 Posts
KitMaker Network: 161 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 10:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This poll is for a project we are working on. If you have collected or actively collect action figures of any kind please let us know in this poll. We are particularly interested in talking with people who are into the 1/6 scale figures by Dragon and other makers.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Jim:,
no disrespect to the collectors of the new Dragon figs,,,,,,,,,but there really is only one true action fig.. And that would be the origional GI JOE,
of which I own (2), with a US foot locker of assoc. gear, a helo, a jeep w/ search light, a under water propelled sub,and a jet, a safari SUV, and a basic training/endurance course tower. the value of these items according to the GI joe Encyclo is over $3200. And no they're not for sale. LOL
WingTzun
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 853 Posts
KitMaker Network: 182 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:30 PM UTC
I still have some of my original GI Joes from the 60's as well as the newer ones Hasbro brought back in the late 80's & 90's. Also started to collect some 21st Century Toys and Dragon figures. I stopped when I finally realized that the could produce 'em a hell of a lot faster than I could earn money to buy 'em and decided to get back into modeling.
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:45 PM UTC
I have a few action figures. Can't really call it a collection yet, but it probably will be.
I visit an action figure forum. Not very often though.
Some sculpt heads and scratchbuild various stuff for their action figures. I have seen some pretty amazing things.

staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 01:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I visit an action figure forum. Not very often though.

Jesper....which forum?

Thanks,
Jim
Hwa-Rang
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
entire network: 6,760 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,139 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 01:56 PM UTC
This one

http://www.onesixthcollectors.co.uk/

Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 1,380 Posts
KitMaker Network: 115 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 06:37 PM UTC
I do not collect Barbie Dolls, but I know Dragon have a forum for 1/6 action figure, which is called action figure club.

Best,
Julien
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 06:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I do not collect Barbie Dolls, but I know Dragon have a forum for 1/6 action figure, which is called action figure club.

Best,
Julien

If it is like their MDFC Armor forum, it is read only. No one other than the staff and several official bloggers can post. The Armor forum has one blogger, Blogger_HeroSandwich, who only posts jabs at Perth's reviews referring to Terry Ashley as the Fosters Sensei. He's a fairly useless individual (HeroSandwich).
 _GOTOTOP