_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
british dpm
elveycfc
entire network: 11 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 09:24 PM UTC
hi guys has any one got any suggestions for colours from the tamiya range for british dpm so far i,ve used buff, red brown , olive green and a vallejo black but dont look right to me any other suggestions its the standard nato forrest pattern i,m talking about
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 765 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 09:47 PM UTC
Try a lighter green, the green in DPM is almost a grass green shade

How about lightening the olive drab with some dark yellow or buff, till you get something like the shade in the picture above. The red-brown colour tends to differ quite widely from almost chocolate to a more brown shade.

BTW note that the colours are printed in a distinct sequence from light to dark, you can see this from observing which colours overlap each other

David
elveycfc
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 10:31 PM UTC
hi many thanks i,ll give that a go this evening cheers mate
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 10:44 PM UTC
Check out this article on Historicus Forma: Painting British Temperate DPM & Pakistani ‘Bhutto’ pattern Camouflage.

Written by award winning, Sri Lankan author David Blacker, who has extensive first hand knowledge of these camouflage patterns having worn them in the jungle battles of SL.

David predominantly uses Revell enamels, but I'm sure you can find a Revell-Tamiya conversion chart on IPMS Stockholm...

HTH

Rudi
elveycfc
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 11:07 PM UTC
hi many thanks it was the swirling pattern i was going wrong with very intresting article thankyou
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 12:58 AM UTC
That's great Rudi. I've been looking for something like this for a long time. I'm no artist, I couldn't even paint myself into a corner.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2007 - 01:22 AM UTC
It's a pleasure, lads.

This is just one great example of the many fine and interesting features and high quality reviews and OD's that we have on HF.

Don't forget, your Armorama login's will work on HF, so don't be a strange stranger, pop in and visit regularly

Hope to see you all there,

(and elveycfc, come on over and show us what you're working on. Some progress shots will be great )

Cheers

Rudi
 _GOTOTOP