_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Hunter killer Tank from paper in works
ISNateJH
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2007 - 01:11 AM UTC
Just wanted to show off an image of my Skynet HK tank I am working on building from scrap from card paper.

Quick image of model

More images of model in progress at this link
http://www.uskaarj.com/Images/HK

Still have to finish painting the treads and add the swivel guns onto the turrets and adding the rest of the details. let me know what you guys think
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2007 - 04:25 AM UTC
Howdy ISNateJH,

Dude, I just LOVE your paper HK!!! I have always thought the vehicles from the Terminator films were very unique.
I have the old T2 flying Hunter Killer kit by Halcyon, and have sought out one of the HK tanks for some time.....your effort to build it in paper is admirable indeed

I also enjoyed your kindly provided link of photographs....they both helped me see and understand your assembly process, and at the same time raised a few questions {for me} as to the actual shape of the HK tank.
I assume your paper plans are taken from the film vehicle? If in fact they are, I would be most appreciative if you could share your paper plans with me?

tia

Tread.
ISNateJH
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2007 - 04:48 AM UTC
I have the paper model unfolded in a format I could upload for everyone to build right now. but none of the parts are numberd or labled since I mainly did this model as a test to get the idea down for how to build a SkyNet HKtank in paper format for table top gaming. so building it might be a little hard for you. unles you where looking at my model and able to tell what part was what and where parts should be cut and folded. but if you feel up to it I can post the file.

Once I get this model worked I plan to do updated plans. But if you would be willing to try building from the current plans you could let me know what you think could be changes to make it easier to build.
Also yes this model is based off blue plants used to make the origanl HK models for movie. only think that is missing is the two front arms on the front of the HK.

Also those images on the site are not the latest. my most recent changes I did was I cut out short strips then glued them onto the treads to give the treads depth and make them true tank treads. I need to post a pic of those..

But as stated above this HK model is a test run model to get the idea of how the model should be built. in doing the model I found there where some errors with the 3d model I did that that messed parts up when I put them in the unwrap program that unwraped the 3d model in a a paper model.

I am going to have to redo the Tank model and fix those errors. also now that I know that a good looking tank can be done useing paper I can put more detail into the final virsion for the public to build.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2007 - 05:29 AM UTC
Howdy Nate {I assume your name is 'Nate'? }

Glad to hear that you have the HK model "unfolded".....sounds quite intriguing, and makes me envision {somewhat selfishly} a big, flat, sharp edged schematic plan-view of all the ingredient 'pieces' laid out in comprehensible relief.........true?

Hey Nate, I most definitely "feel up to it". And you are most kind to offer the assist. My thought is that hopefully armed with your bank of photos I could stumble thru some basic trail & error exercises fitting your printed pieces together.
As to the treads. I have already done some research on scratchbuilding tank tracks for a World War I British Mark tank that would strangely enough apply to this wee beastie. So hopefully I can figure that out as well.

tia

Tread.

Oh, you say your file is DL'able....in what form would that be?
Thx again.
ISNateJH
Posted: Monday, February 19, 2007 - 07:36 AM UTC
Ok here is a link to part plans lay out, if you can get the basic parts built then I can give you advise on finishing up the smaller parts. As you can see the parts are really a mess.

http://www.uskaarj.com/Images/HK/HKTankParttest.jpg

Also since I did not weld all faces in the 3D modeling program when it unwrapped the model it split faces up into smaller parts thats why there are so many small parts.

My goal is to finish this test model then start a new and complete scale model plan that is easy to follow and is not messed up like this one also instead of each part being on one giant plan each part and section of the model will be placed on a page with its linked parts and labeled so it will be easy to just print out that part section..

_GOTOTOP