Figure kits for sale by poster.
Sudan War figures
haddock99
entire network: 13 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 03:47 AM UTC
Hi,

I have the following figures for sale:-

Sudan 1884 (Khartoum and Gordon Relief).

British (Foot, Camel Corps, Cavalry, Naval Brigade, Gardner Gun, personalities, etc,) - 110 pieces

Mahdist (Ansar, Fuzzies, Cavalry, camels, the Mahdi, lots of flags) = 170 pieces

5 Buildings including very nice Mosque

All the above 25/28mm - Redoubt, Essex, Old Guard

Most of the figures are different individual selections from the various ranges so they would be great for building a large diorama as well as for wargames or collection.

Price is (very) negotiable but would be around the £150, 200 euro, $450 figure plus shipping

Contact me at [email protected] or via the forum
haddock99
Posted: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 - 01:55 PM UTC
Silly old me!

I left the most important information off the last post.

The figures are all hand-painted to a high standard and scenically based in small groups. The Mahdists have lots of colourful flags and look impressive in a group. The ritish include Camel Corps, Naval Brigade 10th and 18th Hussars, a Gardner Machine-gun, a 9 pdr with crew, Colonel Burnaby with shotgun and Gordon himself!. I could even throw in a train and bits for operations near Suakin.

I could drop the price quite a bit as I will have to sell these soon as i will be moving.
haddock99
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2007 - 10:00 PM UTC
What no-one for these superb figures?? In case it wasn't clear i am based in the UK but cold ship anywhere pretty much. i don't want these to goto Oxfam, fellows so someone take pity on them maybe.

I also have a lot of Sudan war books including

the Osprey Khartoum and Omdurman books,

Omdurman Phillip Ziegler

Mission to Khartoum - Marlowe

Fuzzy Wuzzy Brian Robson

The Dervish War Robin Neillands

War on the Nile Michael Barthop

Callwell's Small Wars

and the reprint of the Official History of the Sudan campaign 1884 - 1885 ( This is a voluminous hard-back with maps produced by the war Office in 1885)

Any Offers???

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2007 - 10:13 PM UTC
28mm or Wargamer scale figs are not very popular here. That is why you have no replies. $450 is pretty steep as well, even if it is a big collection. Most people are looking to buy a figure or two, not an entire collection of obscure British figures.

Maybe you could try selling them at a website that specializes in wargaming figures (I'm assuming they exist, everything else has a website).

Good luck.
haddock99
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 03:33 PM UTC

On Offer for postage and packing only

Unpainted F. M. Beneito 54mm cast metal figure

MV/12 Sargento de Infanteria Ingles Guerra Zulu 1879

Sergeant of 24th Foot Zulu War 1879 to the rest of us.

Could offer trade item of AFV stuff if you wish and we could swap p & p

(BTW You are quite right - I converted the Sudan figures wrong it should nearer to $300 shouldn't it!!!!)

_GOTOTOP