_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling Questions?
Ask your modeling related questions here.
What to do with this?
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 05:46 PM UTC
Yesterday, Saturday, I went to pick up the Trumpeter 1/48 Wellington 1c
Now I want to build it for the "British Made" theme for Telford. It would be great if I could actually get it done but, if I were to give it a go, the chances are that, A, I would fail to complete it and, B, to give me a chance to complete it, everything else would have to go on hold. Of course if I were to get my finger out I could build it and finish others, but is it possible? I really do want to build the Westland Whirlwind. Having bought the Classic Airframes Avro Anson, at MK I was going to build that, for the theme, as well. Could I possibly build all 3? Remembering that I have Tamiya'a Dambusting Lanc to build for a colleague at work.
Eeeeeek
Help
Mal
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 05:59 PM UTC
It is definitely possible to build all 4.
4 hours a day, 1 hour for each model .
As they are all British, the interior and exterior colours should be near enough the same. So get a production line going.
I think your biggest problem will be space, the Wellington is big, the Lanc isn't going to be that small either and the Anson and Whirlwind are still fair sized old kits (see the Anson at MK and surprised how big it is).
Your next problem is your ermm track record of finishing kits, its not very good is it, so by taking that into account, just build the Lanc, mate sorted, British Made Theme sorted and a happy Mal.
Andy
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 06:16 PM UTC
I like your thinking Andy but the Lanc, probably, wont be available for me to take to Telford. I am hoping to build it for Trev's (my colleague at work) birthday (I don't know when that is, yet). My thoughts were actually to start building the Whirlwind and posibly the Anson because, as you say, they are similar schemes. see how I get on with them and maybe start the Wellington later Whatever happens I feel that I must get the Lanc done.
Mal
Littorio
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,728 Posts
KitMaker Network: 279 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 01:10 PM UTC
Hi Mal,

I think the Lanc has got to be done as this is a present thats a must, then I would love to see the Whirlwind and the Anson but in the end this is up to you and what you think you can get done by Telford.

Go on Whirlwind and Anson you know you want to

Ciao
Luciano
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2007 - 01:52 AM UTC
I've had the Whirlwind a long time so I really want to get that done, so that will be my focus for the made in Britain theme and I will try and build the Anson as well. Although I do really want to start the Wellington I have also had the likes of CA's Walrus and Tamiya's Swordfish a long time as well. However I keep coming back to how the 3, Whirlwind, Anson, Wellington, will look together. Maybe I should just abandon everything else I have on the go and just build all the British stuff that I have
Mal
Bigskip
Visit this Community
entire network: 2,487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 464 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2007 - 02:54 AM UTC
Mal

Obviously you need to do the Lanc for your mate. Then just go with what you feel is right, if thats the Wellington, anson and whirlwind, great - if not, still great, they wont go away.

Model On Pal

Andy
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2007 - 03:11 AM UTC
Wow, I'm really looking forward to these builds Mal. I hope you post plenty of pics!
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 12:06 AM UTC
I will post plenty of pics, of what I manage to build
Mal
 _GOTOTOP