Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
I sinned
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2003 - 11:11 PM UTC
My fellow pigs, it's with my most despire that I post this. For I have sinned (Thanks to certain members in the sty whom keep enticing me!!!! You know who you are!!!!!!!! )

As of today I bought an 1/32 F4 Ausf J Phantom II, with resin cockpits, PE, express mask, special decal, landing lights, etc.

I know it's unforgivable sin, I will submit myself to Helga for re-education in GSO HQ....

SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2003 - 11:12 PM UTC
Oh if any thing, I intend to build this as a dedication to all the fine Marine Pigs in the Sty, i.e. Modelnut, MJ....

Marines. Sempi Fi!!!!!!!

GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2003 - 11:37 PM UTC
Well,
since this seems to be confession time... I admit I've sinned as well. Though I'm off eating pork since I became a member of this fine DSB society, it's not easy when you are a wolf. Certainly not when you are the biggest, hairiest (Hairy To The P*** - HTTP) and nastiest wolf in the woods. But I honestly tried. I even ate two fluvians, and boy oh boy they don't digest well. Quite tasty with a Chateau Margaux, though.
Regretfully, this morning, the cutest and pinkest little porkie crossed my path when I was on my way home from the Wolf Weight Watchers (WWW.). Thinking anbout that F4 Phantom II with resin cockpit, PE and express mask, I was distracted. Also feelling so sorry about having lost seven kilo's in one week, I was distracted and hungry and it just happened. I had already consumed a whole hind leg (including bacon) of the litle pig when I remembered my vow not to eat pork for a while. The piglet looked so pityful with only three legs and without tail (which I had used to floss my teeth to remove those sticky bacon bits) that I couldn't let it live off welfare for the rest of its miserable life and I decided to help it out of its misery (burp). I didn't eat any big pigs lately, though. And I'll really really try to be more careful from now on.
SOW1
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 289 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2003 - 11:43 PM UTC
GF you're nuts!!! SS congratulations on the degradation to aircraft, BUT you really should have thought NAVY Vietnam Mig aces..... The only ones to actually be Mig aces, DOHT!!!!!!!!!!!!! No worries though man, we'll get you there eventually, it's a 12 step program!
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 532 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 12:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

GF you're nuts!!!

Anne Marie, that's the sweetest thing any piggy has said to me all day. Thanks !
It took my wife almost seven years to find that out, and Armorama (well,.... you) already made that diagnose after 1702 posts of mine. I see a BIG carreer in psychiatry in your future.
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,434 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 12:27 AM UTC
GF i have to agree with my Wife!!!! You've definatly lost it since joining our little group!!!! Now no offense to any of our Marine members, but Anne has a point in stateing that the Navy was the only MIG ACE of the WAR, all the services had kills but John CunningHam was the only Pilot to score 5 kills!!!!!! and you should have the decals in that kit!!!! VF-151 from the Midway was the squadron and i think the aircraft was NF 100 or NF 101!!!!!! That would truely honor the Navy/ Marine Corp team!!!!!!!!!!!! stug

P.S. GO NAVY!!!!!!
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 05:48 AM UTC
Dear holy oinking Bretheren,
I realise the temptaions of the wing are many.Therefore,in the grace our Lord piggus#1 has decided that pennance must be the purchase of the DML Hornisse.And then of course,building it.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 3,856 Posts
KitMaker Network: 719 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2003 - 08:31 AM UTC
this post about wingy things has upset me so much I think I will go and build another GMC lol. Kisses to our new shrink Anne Marie ,I mean me Lady sow 1 pig 69, Oh its tiring using all your titles. Must be time for my nap............ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ #:-) (K)
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 12:45 AM UTC
Upset me to no ends!! Didn't even want to respond
We lost him to the Wingy things
jackhammer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 357 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 08:46 AM UTC
So, you have decided to confess your terrible transgression. We here,at the GSO, will remain dauntless about our stand against evil, wicked, wingy, thingies! We will fight this scurge like a corsair of old! we will fight like a wild cat, stuffed into a sack and spanked! You could have built a Hellcat but, Noooo......., you decide to build the worst(Except for Russian Helicopters) made and most unreliable aircraft ever built by the Cubans. Seeing that this is one of the most obscure planes ever built(and in such small numbers to boot) I hope you can find some sort of reference material. I am lucky enough to be able to say I will never be confused into building anything remotely close to being considered an aircraft.
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 01:45 PM UTC
WHAT????!!!!! Nassssty..... Tricksiesss.... We risk life and limb for you and for the Bund and you do this to usssss???? Traitorssss!!!

We, The Lurker Recon Group, demand that this turncoat be handcuffed and slapped with a salami wrapped in latex. We also demand that he be fed to Olga, Helga, and Tatyana for 30 Hog days. That should be punishment enough for thissss... transssgresssssion.... yessss yesss......
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 03:02 PM UTC
Yeah yeah, at least I have the guts to come out dauntlessly!!!!

Jeep, Ya have a Tomcat somewhere, you know it!!!!!

Can opened, worms all over the place!!! Oinkty Oink Oink!!!!!

#:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-) #:-)
Jeepney
Visit this Community
Philippines
entire network: 1,538 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 10:14 PM UTC
Ahhh.... urmm..... guilty as charged..... Bad Lurker.... Bad Bad Lurker..... Now I have to undergo more interogation... Bad....

Evidence presented:

deakon
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 10 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2003 - 03:35 AM UTC
NEVAH UNDERESTIMATE THE POWAH OF THE DAHRK SIDE
go at least 1/32nd scale so you dont need the eyesight of an oracle, to see the details you nearly painted..
come to Deakon for absoloution,ignore the squealings from on high at your peril.HERITIC,
come dont be afraid,join us all in praise of the almighty porker in his heavenly sty,read from the good books,learn and understand the teachings of the great prophets[paine][verlinden][greenland]and upon reflection repent your sinful ways,the path of the A/C modeller is fraught with dangers too terrible to recount here,and is as twisted and crooked a path,as was ever devised ,.and must be avoided for the sake of your immortal bacon........DON FILLET ME TASTY LOINCHOPS.ET TU SALAMI AVOIDUM.......OINKMEN
Arch Piggus DEAKON.....
mj
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 1,331 Posts
KitMaker Network: 334 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2003 - 05:04 AM UTC
Many thanks, Dave, for your honoring Marine aviation. I look forward with much anticipation to your "in progress" pics. If it is up to your normal standards, it will be an outstanding Phantom.

I have no trouble acknowledging the Navy as being the Mig killers in Nam. But, being acquainted with more than a few Marine pilots (and being a "mud"-Marine by trade), I can tell you that there's nothing better than watching those boys barreling in with a full load to drop on a bunch of bad guys who have you by the short hairs. God love and protect them all.

As for wingy things, Dave, I admit to having a large collection of WWII "wingies", not to mention a few ships laying around. Does that mean I can be "interrogated" by Helga?...(please)...???

Mike

MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2003 - 08:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yeah yeah, at least I have the guts to come out dauntlessly!!!!

and here is the latest news aSS74 told me in chat yesterday that this post was started by someone, probably a fluvian, impersonating him and trying to cause him harm by dragging his name through the mud. He also stated it was all lies and not to be believed.

I say we interagate aSS74 our 2IC to establish the truth. I think 4 weeks cooped up with penny and me lady anne marie may do it. what do you others stink I mean think. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. #:-)
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2003 - 09:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

[I think 4 weeks cooped up with penny and me lady anne marie may do it. what do you others stink I mean think.

That may not be such a good idea. 4 weeks with Penny, a known wingy builder, may push him further into it. hmmmmm on second thought as a wingy builder myself I'll have to agree with this method. 4 weeks with the female piggies it should be. Can I go next? I feel a need for retraining.
SOW1
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2003 - 12:20 PM UTC
Ummmm Cliff, Dave and Tim, you all need a "Little Retraining" hehehehehe , But you know I'm a novice at all model building, I just like the wingy thingies... I think they're more attractive than tanks, no offence... Now unless someone is willing to do a chrome tank I'll continue to think so. hehehehe I know I'm all about flash! Anyhow have a good one..
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2003 - 02:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Now unless someone is willing to do a chrome tank I'll continue to think so. hehehehe

ummmmm don't laugh too hard. I'm actually working on a flashy tank.
SOW1
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2003 - 06:36 PM UTC
Cool Tim maybe I'll like tanks afterall!
TOMCAT14
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
entire network: 312 Posts
Posted: Monday, March 03, 2003 - 07:59 PM UTC
Well Pig No 2 ,

Welcome aboard ,ours Flight's Regiment - of course You put some pictures of Your Phantom Work , - as a Air Maniac, I must confess - I have few models of Tanks - like M1A1 , M60 .. in small 1:72 scale - not build Yet - first My planes waiting - but I love modern Tanks .

BEST REGARDS

COMCARAIRWING
PIG#35
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 12:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ahhh.... urmm..... guilty as charged..... Bad Lurker.... Bad Bad Lurker..... Now I have to undergo more interogation... Bad....

Evidence presented:

Nice plane you have going on there Fellow swine
jackhammer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 357 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 12:37 AM UTC
I must confess to something...........I Have plans for a futuristic tank for the conquest of Mars(you only think it is unpopulated). It will be chrome and red camoed and the camo will be the new digitized(square pixal) type. As for wingy thingies, thier oafficial designation is "GD123A8 Evil Wingy Thingy". It should be noted that those of you, in the sty, contaminated by these deviants in styrene, should clense yourselves in the "Brazen Hamlet" ceremony. The rest of us should practice our mantra........"Hillary, Reno, Rosie, Jolie..........which one of these would we rather see being a munchie!!!!!!" Thank you, that is all.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,744 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 03:27 AM UTC
Wingy thingys make me dingy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just started getting into the WWII Luftwaffe planes. I must admit they scare me. You can't just "weather away" a painting mistake..it's right there. The modern planes are even worse. There they sit in all their glory...mocking you...just waiting to be painted...you mask the cockpit and canopy.....meticulously making sure that no area is left uncovered....you spray the base coat..it's good...you mask it again spray the second color...it's great....you repeat steps one and two... and apply the third color it's wonderful.....then you pull the masking tape away and ..........OOOOHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! the paint has seeped in and ruined the cockpit WORSE YET....the canopy!!!!!!! it seems as if it cant get any worse.....but it does. There are little runs of paint that look like snot running down the side of the fuselage and a piece of something...that to scale...looks like George Washington's head at Mt. Rushmore! WHY WHY WHY?????????? Is this world so cruel? Then like all trained professionals...you do what I do...Carefully take the model you've just paid 50-100 dollars for (not to mention paint and AM parts)....gently take it in your left hand...and a hammer in your right and just start swingin'...I mean just bust that baby apart into pieces that a magnifying glass couldnt find....then you get drunk and wallow in your sorrows and dream about what might have been. The end.
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 - 08:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ummmm Cliff, Dave and Tim, you all need a "Little Retraining"

ME FIRST, ME FIRST........................................................................please #:-)