_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: AMPS
Topics about AMPS (Armor Model and Preservation Society).
Boresight Stuart Special and AMPS challenge
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 330 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 08:01 AM UTC
The Stuart Special will be going in the mail tomorrow. I talked to our postmaster and the labels are already on the envelopes, so it won't be long before it's on your doorstep.

Now, I've already started to put together the next Boresight, but I'm going to throw down a challenge for after that. Seeing how well the Allied guys did on supporting the Stuart Special, I challenge those with an interest in Axis stuff to provide enough articles for an Axis special. I would love to do one on the PzKw IV as I think there are a lot of kits available and not enough attention has been paid to this workhorse of the Wehrmacht. So, come on all you SGFs, let your fingers do the walking over your keyboards and send me articles on the Pz IV. If I get enough material soon eneough, it can be the issue that comes out just before the National Convention in April! I need about six 4-page articles to make up a Special, so lets see what you guys can produce. Otherwise, I'll have to get the Allied guys to put together a Sherman issue and embarass you! :-)

Email articles to me at:

tankmodeler@rogersdotcom (replace the "dot" with ".")

Articles can be in .txt, Word or Wordperfect formats. Photos should be at least 200 DPI or higher and can be colour or B&W. No copyrighted material, please, unless you hold the copyright.

Let the challenge, begin!

Paul
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 11:00 PM UTC
By the way, in case any of you were thinking you weren't "good enough" to write an article for Boresight, well, that's just dead wrong. :-)

Articles can be by members or non-members (non-members will get a copy of the issue with their article in it) and Boresight is a very friendly venue for new writers. I am more than willing to help you in doing some editing, working with you on your photographs and helping to present the material you write at its best. We don't turn down anything, so if you've ever thought about writing an article but were afraid of rejection, well then, Boresight is the place for you!

Build articles, photo essays, walk arounds, history articles, battle descriptions or veteran's stories, they're all welcome and published.

We really are interested in what you want to write!

Paul
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 11:34 PM UTC
Paul, how do we request access to your site? Is it down?
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 07:33 AM UTC
I'm, not sure about when you posted, but it's up now.

If you want to access the open areas, just scroll around. If you want to take part in the discussion forums, then you must register, like most sites nowadays, but you don't have to be a member. If you are a member, you will get access to even more areas of the site and, as I populate the area, the Boresight index which will hold additional content on current issues as well as a growing collection of PDFs of old issues.

The registration request is in the upper right corner of the home page..

Let me konw if you have any more problems.

Paul
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 07:40 AM UTC
It is up now, but had been down the last two days. I did join recently and paid via PayPal (Jan. 23), but have not heard anything at all.
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2007 - 12:24 AM UTC
I could have sworn I was on it in the last two days, still I could have missed it.

If you joined on the 23rd, you shuold be receiving the Stuart Special very soon now. We are introducing a system whereby you will get an email when you join or renew, but normally we don't have a notification when you join.

Let me know if things don't go smoothly.

Paul
 _GOTOTOP