_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Panzer Truppen mics and headsets
gringe88
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 64 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 - 10:35 PM UTC
Hey all. I suspect someone has asked this before. How do you best make the headsets and neck mics used by the panzer troops whilst in their vehicles? And were their different headsets and mics utilized for inter-vehicle communication as opposed to communicating within the crew of just one vehicle? Did they just unplug from one system and plug into the other? All help appreciated.

-Matt
gunbunny198
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 06:53 AM UTC
know this thread is a bit old but figured i'd throw my two cents at it. I'm not to sure on German hand/ head sets but in US Armour each position had the same set up mostly of a headset and a hand mic. I believe the Germans had a throat mic which was worn like a collar and activated either by the push of a button or the vibrations from the speaker wearing it. Pretty sure that the latter is more modern. As far as building them, which scale? I am currently working on some in 1/72nd scale and am highly thinking about reworking them. I used scrap spur from PE fret and used some stretched spur cut into little (muffs). I however am thinking about drilling a few holes into a sheet of plastic and pouring maybe resin into them to render better looking (muffs) then use a CA type adhesive to join them to the head piece made of PE fret. As for a hand mic.... still working that one lol.
dendin54
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 20 Posts
KitMaker Network: 20 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 18, 2015 - 01:33 PM UTC
I'll dig through my reference info, but if I'm not mistaken there was two varients of the headset and three of the throat mics, but the headsets and mics were interchangeable and fit into any of the com-boxes.
Regardless I will get you some info and drawings.

D. Ball
 _GOTOTOP