_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Help please, has anyone........
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,726 Posts
KitMaker Network: 558 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 04:26 AM UTC
.....had any experience with the products of "War Graphics" of Richmond Texas?

Several years ago I ordered what I thought were going to be water slide decals, specifically German armbands.
The sheets arrived but they look more like just printed paper than any decal I've seen. They are definitely not dry transfers.
They are beautifully done but there were no instructions accompanying them.

I tried to contact the company shortly after they arrived but my letters went unanswered. I never found an email address for them and vaguely remember getting their business address from a magazine advertisement.

Anyhow.. bottom line ...anyone had any experience with this type of printed material that can tell me how to apply it???

Any input appreciated,
Cheers,
Charles
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 04:38 AM UTC
Hi Charles
Maybe not the answer you were hoping for ... but in the Osprey "modelling Panzer crewmen of the Heer" by Mark Bannerman, he says he never rubs down transfers, but adds them with a little white glue on the back. Maybe this would be an option for your figures/decals as well?
Never heard of "War Graphics".
Gunfighter
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 374 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 07:53 PM UTC
Charles,

They sound like either decals printed on either an ALPS printer or via a silk screened method.

I did a quick search on Google and it looks like the ALPS ones can be handled like normal decals, just more carefully. To play it safe, you could clear coat over them or find some liquid decal film to brush on them.

I haven't a clue as to what to do with the silk screened ones, sorry.

- Frank
 _GOTOTOP