_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
Field generator for 60cm searchlight
dedalos
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 89 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 01:34 AM UTC
I needed a searchlight with its power source,along with an Sdkfz7(towing an 88flak) for an AA unit on the move.
So first i started with the generator(stromaggedat 8kw)
I've come accross some pics with a Krupp as its carrier so probably that's what i'll do to.
Hope you like it.
Comments always appreciated

It was only after i saw the pictures full screen that i realized that the bolts are simply...a disaster.I will try to remove them along with the brass wire and replace them with acceptable ones....

An other catastrophy occured when my airbrash broke down so i had to paint(if what i did can be called "painting")with a brush....and in a hurry....
Resulting to this.....

I will try to remove the paint an repaint it when my airbrush recovers from what ever it is that is bugging him
Tell me what you guys think
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 03:06 AM UTC
Hi Tasos,

Nice work mate. The paint and bolts look fine to me. Remember that the pictures are very big compared to the actual size of the thing. Camera flash is very harsh too.

Where a bolt is missing why not drill a small hole and make it look like it's supposed to be missing.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 14,499 Posts
KitMaker Network: 411 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 03:37 AM UTC
Hi Tasos,

Good looking generator, typical on the searchlight as per the other post. A great wee build you have there, thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Al
 _GOTOTOP