_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Color chart
Grizzly
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 347 Posts
KitMaker Network: 68 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 11:21 AM UTC
Hey guy's,

Have been looking online for the color chart for Italeri paints or Gunze Sangyp paints so I can match them up with the Humbrol and MM paints I use for my models,trying to match the colors to some DML figures but the color numbers on the back are not familiar to me and my local hobby shop only carries the paints i use. TIA

Grizzly
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 12:05 PM UTC
Testors (marketed under Model Master) produces an excellent modelling guide that is titled "Modeler's Technical Guide". It is Item # 2020C and the UPC Code is 75611 20200.

It has very comprehensive color cross reference charts in the back with color samples for ALL Model Master paints. The cross reference covers the following manufacturers:
*Floquil/Poly Scale
*Floquil/Poly S (yes, it is different from Floquil Poly Scale
*Xtracolor
*Humbrol
*Aeromaster Warbird
*Italeri Model Master
*Gunze-Sangyo
*Monogram Promodeler
*Accuflex
*Modelflex (Badger)
*Pactra
*Niche
*Tamiya

This is the handiest source for cross referencing that I know of. I believe there are some web links on this site under a different post that you can view on the internet as well.

I intend to do a review of this technical guide in the next week or two. Uncle Sam is taking up all of my spare time for the next several days.
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 01:41 PM UTC
hmmmmm, the downloadable version doesn't have that. Doesn't that just figure. Anyway go to http://www.testors.com and you can download the chapters of the Tech guide he is talking about. It's a pretty good little book, actually.
csch
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
entire network: 1,941 Posts
KitMaker Network: 307 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 02:18 PM UTC
Try to look in the IPMSStokholm page. There you can find the Frederikson color charts, they have what you are looking for. #:-)
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 28, 2003 - 07:52 AM UTC
Humbrol has a similar product!! I chose it over MMs for the fact that the Humbrol range seems to be larger and more comprehensive... it also crosses over to many of the other manufacturers mentioned above.
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
entire network: 6,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,013 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 - 01:24 AM UTC
if you still couldnt have an italeri color corresponding chart,please send me a private message having your addresss and i will send you one.
 _GOTOTOP