_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Upload Photos
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 6,149 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,551 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2007 - 07:45 PM UTC
While I am not computer literate I realize your instructions are not obtuse. But, I am challenged to the point of frustration. I attempted to find the upload button "in the upper right of the screen" without success. I want to move five photos from my computer to a forum. Can you help me?
DJ
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2007 - 07:48 PM UTC
DJ. . .
are you logged in to the KitMaker Gallery?

The "upload Photo" is in the menu, in the upper right side of the gallery home page, right beside the "log in" link. . .
~Gunny
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2007 - 08:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

DJ. . .
are you logged in to the KitMaker Gallery?

The "upload Photo" is in the menu, in the upper right side of the gallery home page, right beside the "log in" link. . .
~Gunny

I logged in. The home page has the upload. Then, I received this message: Sorry, you don't have permission to upload photos.
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2007 - 08:50 PM UTC
Shoot. . .sorry DJ, that's the best I can do for you, Bro. . .Jim S may have to step in on this one. . .
~Gunny
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2007 - 08:55 PM UTC
Gunny-- I am ready to scream. English is my native tongue. I comprehend the lingo, it is doing the dance that is difficult. I will continue to try.
thanks
DJ
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2007 - 09:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I logged in. The home page has the upload. Then, I received this message: Sorry, you don't have permission to upload photos.

DJ,
Start here: http://photos.kitmaker.net

1. If you don't see a message in the upper left that says "Welcome 210cav" you are NOT logged in on the photos site. If so go to step 2.

2. Click the "login" link in the upper right. This will take you to the kitmaker site. YOU MAY ALREADY BE LOGGED IN THERE. However you will need to relogin in to re-new your session on the photos site. Login and it will forward you back to the photos site. You should now see the welcome message. If you don't there are other issues going on here out of my control (privacy aps, firewalls, etc).

3. Click upload photos in the upper right to upload a photo.

For everyone reading: I had thought by adding the upload a photo link in your account area (for the workbench photos) would help people find the workbench upload area easier and result in more photos but the reality is (and DJ you shouldn't feel singled out as you are probably user #125 who has had this trouble), this link is NOT going to work if you are not logged in on the main gallery/photos site.

I will remove this link so this situation does not happen again.

Thanks,
Jim
Removed by original poster on 01/31/07 - 00:05:21 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 01/31/07 - 00:05:43 (GMT).
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2007 - 10:32 PM UTC
Jim-- I registered with another callsign and password and get into the site. Photos are loaded and apparently the member gallery is temporarily closed down for repairs. I logged in using the name "Cavalry." Let you know if I can post to the Painting forum. Hope I did not break anything.
thanks
DJ
This post was removed.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 12:26 AM UTC
DJ,
My polking around in that workbench link made me realize there was a serious issue going on with the number of photos being displayed on a category page. So the gallery is going to be offline until later today when I have time to track down the issue.

Apologies,
Jim

PS: You shouldn't have had to create a second login to get access to the gallery though.
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 - 01:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

DJ,
My polking around in that workbench link made me realize there was a serious issue going on with the number of photos being displayed on a category page. So the gallery is going to be offline until later today when I have time to track down the issue.

Apologies,
Jim

PS: You shouldn't have had to create a second login to get access to the gallery though.

Jim-- many thanks. I will try again tomorrow.
DJ
Anonymous
entire network: 260 Posts
KitMaker Network: 205 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 08:36 PM UTC
Jim-- loaded five photos of my Germna Pontoon Bridge. They are in My Gallery. Now, when I try to bring up the full imgae, the system continually tells me to login. I do I reapeat the whole process. I am trying to get the photos from My Gallery into the Paint Forum.
thanks
DJ
210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - 08:39 PM UTC
Hold the phone, I just tried again and it worked.
Removed by original poster on 02/02/07 - 01:12:48 (GMT).
 _GOTOTOP