_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
New here :)
biddlewicket
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2007 - 08:05 PM UTC
Hi!

I've been loving this place since I found it a few days ago. I've been interested in modeling for a long time but haven't known where to start. I hope everyone here can give me a hand.

My idea is to do primarily figure painting and displaying them in action or inaction on jar lids with a bit of diorama thrown in (fence, rubble, tree stumps, grass, weeds, etc etc). I'd LIKE to do American Civil War/Indian Wars/Spanish-American War - are there figures for those? If not, I'll do WWI (if those exists as well).

I use to get a magazine YEARS ago called Military Modeler, is it still in publication?

Thanks and glad to be aboard! *salute*
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2007 - 08:07 PM UTC
Welcome to the site! I think you'll like it here. I believe there are the types of figures you are looking for, but I would suggest asking the same question in the Historicus Forma forum (see tab above) using subject as a topic title.

Jump right in, those who know will answer right away.

If the magazine you are talking about is the old Military Modeler by Challenger Publications, they went under around 1996-1997. I had a subscription for about 10 years when the title was changed to Military Modeler and Scale Modeler (they combined their car and military titles). The title eventually became Scale Modeler for a short while then my subscription ceased. They sent me a automotive magazine to finish out my subscription.
biddlewicket
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 07:51 PM UTC
Thanks for the warm welcome. Drat in regards to the magazine! I remember a tank dio from Vietnam Tet Offensive that was out of this world... Ah well.

Thanks for the tip, I'll ask my question there.
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 07:56 PM UTC
Howdy and Good Mornin' there biddlewicket!

Welcome to the big 'A'

You have found a huge audience of modeling fans here, and a vast number of aficionado's who, at the drop of a hat, will step to the fore and lend you whatever hand they can.

Again, welcome.

Tread.
biddlewicket
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, January 29, 2007 - 10:18 PM UTC
Thanks
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 2,169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 09:42 PM UTC
Gday Andy

A very warm welcome to Armorama from New Zealand.

So pull up a keyboard and spend sometime enjoying this site and its fellowship as a member.

Regards

Sean
Obiwan3
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 50 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 10:47 PM UTC
Hi Andy & Welcome,
You might check out Military Miniatures Warehouse. They have a website; they carry some lines of ACW figures along with a lot of other eras. I'm a fan of our "War between the States" or as some might say "the War of Northern Aggression", but I don't do figures. I'm an amateur historian, so I have studied a lot of Civil War battlefields.
Anyway, good luck
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 783 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 01:13 AM UTC
Welcome aboard Andy. OK, I have to ask this since no one else has..........whats "biddlewicket" stand for or mean?
 _GOTOTOP