_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
The Bronco Models Story
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,362 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2007 - 05:49 AM UTC
After reading a glowing review of Bronco's Hotchkiss H39 tank kit, I just bought one. It does look very nice. However, one big surprise when I spotted Accurate Armour's site...

They advertised corrections to Bronco's Comet tank kit, and said their own kit was much better than Bronco's. So is Bronco a good manufacturer, bad, or very mixed like Tamiya? Who has experience with their products? Thank you.
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2007 - 05:57 AM UTC
I've got the Comet. I have not built it nor do I know a lot about the vehicle. The kit is exceptionally nice, close enough in accuracy for me since I would not be able to readily identify any errors.

What I do know is that an injection molded Bronco Comet costs about one quarter the price of the resin Accurate Armor Comet, and being plastic, will build easier.
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,901 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2007 - 09:45 AM UTC
Hi Tom,

Bronco is a relatively new company, and considering their lack of experience have released some good models. The Comet is a great model, with fantastic fit. My references on the Comet are very limited and therefore I won't give you advice on any potential accuracy issues. I do know it has an undersized turret ring, which will not be noticable if the turret hatches are left closed. Overall a great model.

Frank

_GOTOTOP