TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
most realistic wargame
james_mcdougall_85
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 72 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2007 - 09:44 PM UTC
I just bought Brother In Arms: Road to Hill 30 for the playstation 2 for £3.54 on ebay. What a bargain :-) . I,ve just started playing it and I think its great, much more satisfying than call of duty 3.

Is it true that BIA was used by West Point Military Academy to teach infantry tactics? I read this on Wikipedia

Jamie
ygmodeler4
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 57 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 01:54 AM UTC
I agree with the Close Combat games although I've only played 1-3 and didnt care for the 1st one. Ive been playing the 2nd one for a couple weeks. I like the third one best compared to the 1 and 2 though.
I also like Company of Heroes I just dont like how small the population cap is.
I like Blitzkrieg but it gets repetitive real quickly. I've played Sudden Strike 1 and 2 and i like 2 better. Don't know which one of these games is more realistic but i think Close Combat would probably take it.

BTW I think MIcrosoft Combat flight simulator 2 is pretty good.
A-Train
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 715 Posts
KitMaker Network: 236 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 03:47 AM UTC
Americas Army. Just for the training levels. Online its not that good, unless you are playing with mates and develop tactics. Then its a brilliant game.
Its free for the PC too.

AA
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 - 03:39 AM UTC
I've not picked up a new tac shooter in a while since they've started to get a bit stale. Other day I picked up Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for half price ($10) and figured, what the heck right? Man, I am LOVING this game! This is the way they should all be, HUGE maps where you can choose how you want to move, assault etc. Enemies are tough but are not the standard R6 tough where they nail you with headshots in .02 seconds most of the time. lol The AI reacts pretty well to being suppressed and will do their best to suppress you although they're not super smart in supporting one another or in chasing you down. They do a decent job, just not as good as they could be.

Also love how you parachute in or fast rope in before missions, although you're not really in control of all the actions it adds to the immersion as do the sounds and graphics. Can't wait for part 2 to come out!
CaptMallory
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 64 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 03, 2007 - 03:20 PM UTC
BROTHERS IN ARMS!
died
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
entire network: 76 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 10:56 PM UTC
i haven't posted for a while:(:(
i have seen some screens of operation flaspoint and the next one, i like those a lot. i also like battlefield2 but it is not that realistic and when playing online you mostly don't play teambased.
ghost recon advanced war fighter, sadly enough i only played it once on somebodys xbox 360 . but now there is ghost recon advanced warfighter 2 :).

in a while i will buy a new computer. after i bought it i hope bia hells highway will release soon. maybe i will buy the new ghost recon too :)

died