_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
How to include a link??
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 05:14 AM UTC
OK this is probobly a no brainer for most (if not all) but as the title asked; How do I include a link in a topic? I read through the "Forum Help" section but I don't always understand all of the "techno-speak" language. I figure it might be one of the small buttons below but I didn't want to just start experimenting with them.

Thanks for any help,
Mike
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 05:19 AM UTC
Pretty easy 2 step deal.
Step 1. Have the URL (web address) copied into your clipboard. Hightlight it and click Edit then Copy on the menu.
Step 2. In your post you need to do 1 of 2 things 1st click the URL icon above the smilies. Then replace the 'stuff' in the middle of the [ url ] [ /url ] 'tags' To do that highlight it and click Edit then Paste on the menu. The second method is to simply type in the two 'tags' for a link type '[' then 'URL' then ']' then paste in your URL then type '[' then '/' then 'URL' then ']' Don't include the quotes.
Desert-Fox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 652 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 12:14 PM UTC
To place a link in the box...on a new paragraph make sure there is a space before it. ie:
NOT:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=PostBoard&file=index&req=reply&forum_id=11&topic_id=9180&post_id=0&page=1
But:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=PostBoard&file=index&req=reply&forum_id=11&topic_id=9180&post_id=0&page=1
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 - 03:24 PM UTC
Thanks guys, I tried it out earlier today and it worked fine.

Cheers,
Mike
 _GOTOTOP