_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Cannot log in
PLMPoneonezero
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 8 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 06:30 AM UTC
I cannot log in under PLMP110 for some reason. I got a bad cookie notification, after I deleted it, I cannot log on now. I tried the kit maker network contact page and have not heard back. I finally got a second name so I could participate again, but would like to have my old name.

Any ideas?

Patrick
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 07:51 PM UTC
Patrick,
There are only 2 possibilities.

1. You have a cookie or cached pages on your pc for PLMP110 that is bad and blocking your login.

2. You aren't logging in with the correct username/password.

After you deleted the cookie what error message do you get when you try to login?

Thanks,
Jim

For everyone else:
FYI you can post in this forum as "Anonymous" so you don't need a new account for that.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 02:57 AM UTC
You wouldn’t happen to be running Windows98 would you? A lot of the security certificates have just expired.

This happened to me a few days ago. I was entering my Callsign and Password. It would say ACCESS GRANTED but I would not get a fresh Big A homepage. I did some poking around and found I needed to adjust my internet options.

Under TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS/GENERAL/SETTINGS, when it asked when to check for a newer version of a page I changed it to Every Visit.

I found that somehow it appears I was viewing a cached page rather than a new page or transmitting any of my passwords to the new page. It was noticeable on newspapers sites when I was getting the same front page 2 days in a row. Once I forced it to check for new page every visit, my Big A came back online.

Give it a try. It would fall right in line with Jim's first comment.
PLMPoneonezero
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 8 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 03:09 AM UTC
Jim,

When I try to login now, I get a wrong password response. I tried the change password option, but it seems that when I updated my email after I changed ISP's, it did not update in my profile. It says email sent to PLMP110, but it doesn't come through.

Patrick
Anonymous
entire network: 260 Posts
KitMaker Network: 205 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 12:08 PM UTC
Wouldn't be pesky compatriots would it?
 _GOTOTOP