_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
LF-Tamiya AAVP7A1/w UGWS
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,556 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 09:38 PM UTC
Im after this tamiya kit and would preferably like to trade for it. I have many resin and plastic modern era kits aswell as a lot of ww2 stuff. If you have it and wouldnt mind parting, drop me a PM.

cheers.
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 783 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 09:47 PM UTC
Rob,

I dont have the Tamiya kit, but I do have the mini hobby kit which is basically a recast of the Tamiya model. The details are a bit sharper on the Tamiya, but overall, the mini hobby kit isnt bad, and once you add paint, weathering, gear, etc, I dont think you will notice the differance between the two. I was going to build it with the EAAK armor, but the cost of the EAAK kits are a bit on the high side, so I shelfed it and thats where its been sitting for about 9 months now. Let me know if your interested.
docdios
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,998 Posts
KitMaker Network: 257 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 02:30 AM UTC
Rob

take a look at one of my post further down the page, Mark king has one in his stash if your intrested. i have already managed to source one.

also i have the option to buy the older LVT7a1, if your intrested from another person

cheers

keith
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 05:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I dont have the Tamiya kit, but I do have the mini hobby kit which is basically a recast of the Tamiya model. The details are a bit sharper on the Tamiya, but overall, the mini hobby kit isnt bad...

The Mini-Hobby kit isn't a simple copy of Tamiya's LVTP7A1. It has been modified to fit motorization, consequently, the hull is all out of wack dimensionally. It also has simplified moldings of sub-assemblies that Tamiya has molded separately for better definition. About the only thing it is good for are extra parts for a LVTC7A1 (Command) or LVTR7A1 (Recovery) and to use the EAAk as a basis for detailing and adding to the Tamiya kit.

A more detailed run-down can be found here, by Vodnik.

If you can get an Tamiya one, I would go for it. But, sorry to Gary, I would pass on the Mini-Hobby version.
 _GOTOTOP