_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Dallas January Meeting
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 05, 2007 - 04:09 AM UTC
This month the meeting will be held on January 27th in Keith's store. Ok, nothing special about that, but........Ben is going to do a class on molding and casting for us. All you guys who want to learn how to make your own parts, or replace broken or lost parts will definitely want to come for this.
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 302 Posts
Posted: Friday, January 05, 2007 - 09:18 AM UTC
Guys - we also need to get an ujpdate on our ModelRama exhibit and contest. There is a lot of stuff already in place (please check out the website at www.modelrama.net!!!)

We will need some volunteers, and I also want input on the categories and classifications. You can see what I have set up so far on the website. I am going for SCALE, SUBJECT, and TIME PERIOD.... what do you think?

Keith
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 12:10 AM UTC
Nice news, on both counts. Sounds like an interesting class, the casting one. Didn't know about the model show, remember hearing talk of a model show possibly but nothing was certain at the time. Great to hear it's going forward! I might have to build something to put in the show, be a first time competitor. lol
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 12:22 AM UTC
I'll be able to help out, just have to see what the hockey schedule is for that day. May just have someone else stand on the bench for me that day so I can be at the show, otherwise I'd be there late.
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 02:21 AM UTC
So what is the update on Modelrama? Checked the site, what display are we doing etc?
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 04:13 AM UTC
Are we running the show, or just going to be participants. In either case I'll be in for whatever I can be used for...security, ticket taking or judge, make a kit for a group project. Just ask/or let me know what you need
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 12:00 AM UTC
Like Steve said, I'm up for anything (and everything) for the show. And, for the first time since October, I won't be in Mississippi (or enroute to) during the meeting
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 03:15 AM UTC
Everybody ready for the meeting?
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 717 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 08:10 PM UTC
Might be bringing my Tiger II (Porche turret) to work on... major construction done, now at the adding tools, tow cables, and spare track stage.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2007 - 09:46 AM UTC
I've got to buy some special paint for my Chally 2 so I 'll utilize the Airbrush in laying down the main coat of paint on that. Hopefully Ben will be coming to show us casting and molding
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, January 26, 2007 - 10:19 AM UTC
I hope so, would love to learn how to cast some stuff and it might come in handy for my T-34.
tabascojunki
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 110 Posts
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 11:33 AM UTC
Well, shoot, that was today wasn't it? I had to work from about 9 to 9 or so today and forgot all about it.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2007 - 03:23 PM UTC
We had a large turnout today. Keith got a guy come in and demonstrate using the Iwata airbrush. For an old Paasche guy like me, it was quite a treat and something o consider asking for my Birthday (LOL) We also had a discussin and MOdelrama show being neld the second weeked in March at Richardson. WE ARE RUNNING THE SHOW AND NEED YOU

I've already called security and JIMF is going to work the entrance. but we'll need help with setup and getting vendors to the right spots. Judging is going to be by ballot by the attendees, I think Moezilla is heading that up.

We are having 2 meetings in February...February 10 and February 24. And we have a pro show organizer working with us
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, February 03, 2007 - 02:21 AM UTC
OK any acknowledgements about the Feb 10th meeting yet? We really need participation for this show to be successful in March. Squadron even want to attend and you know they used to ony do the May Mesquite show, so this will be a huge boost in attracting vendors. Hopefully if we can get the word out we can draw in a nice crowd of modelers as well. Maybe some of the folks who have been put off by the IPMS as well as those members. The key is to spread the word. So we can go to vaious Hobbytowns and Hobby Lobby's in your local and see if we can post a few flyers up, as well as try to talk one of the Hobbytowns into maybe doing a table or two at the show.
 _GOTOTOP