Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Snow-snow everywhere
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 12:50 AM UTC
Well, none here in Jersey yet, but watching all the snow out Denver and the midwest, I'm certainly hopeing it doesn't come here. Good luck to all digging out, and prayers for those stranded and without power.
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 12:53 AM UTC
Hmmmmmm.......we don't seem to get snow anymore in the North West of England..........probably something to do with Global Warming...........that or the Widnes Chemical industry! :-) I wouldn't mind a light dusting..........it's kind of seasonal, but good luck to all those who receive more than a light dusting!

Vinnie
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 01:02 AM UTC
No snow here where I am in Ontario... I got a feeling we will get our fair share of it though...

Dave
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 03:25 AM UTC
I'll get it before Grunpy...... In Western NYS
HunterCottage
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
entire network: 1,717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 03:27 AM UTC
If it wouldn't be for the problems with black ice I would go biking now. Which is totally different for all of us Swedes in Stockholm!!! We had a terrible ice storm late in november, but that snow stayed only a few days. The winter crops have already started growing here. Incredibly strange!!!
Augie
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 711 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 04:37 AM UTC
Here on the Canadian west coast we've been hit with a big dump of snow, then 3 big rain storms with the winds into the 100kph area. That was all in about 3 weeks!

Thank god, I didn't have any damage to my place, but alot of folks had tress suddenly growing in their living and bed rooms!
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 05:54 AM UTC
I've been in Colorado now nearly 10 years. In that time, except for fall and winter 2006, I'd guess we might have had three honest to goodness blizzards. We had three between Oct and Dec this year. First time EVER the kids had two snow days in a row. This is only the 2nd time I've missed work due to weather. The funny thing is the weather people are still saying "El Nino" is going to give us warmer, drier weather. It's like Mark Twain said, "climate is what you expect, weather is what you get."

Still at least we have food and heat and all. The people really getting hit are those in S.E. Colorado, and probably norther New Mexico, Western Kansas. They're without power, food, and some are still stuck in their cars. They're the ones I pray for.

Lucky13
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,707 Posts
KitMaker Network: 530 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 06:00 AM UTC
I want my winters from my childhood back! Several feet of snow and freezing cold. The coldest that I've worked in is -36 celcius, I don't think there's a chance of seeing that here in Glasgow OR a "few" feet of snow...
Siiiiiigh....... :-)
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 3,172 Posts
KitMaker Network: 612 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 06:05 AM UTC
Only seen snow once so far in my travels in a big rig That was earlier in Dec. No fun driving in slick conditions
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 09:42 AM UTC
No (respectible) snow here, which disappoints me. Couple years ago we had an ice storm that knocked out power across all of Muncie (pop. 60,000 plus a major college). Most students came back from break without power and heat in freezing temps.

I remember a time about 6 or so years ago that we had two weeks off of school because of ice and snow which is completely unusual for this area.

But, boy do I wish it would come. After living in Florida for a few years, I've come to the realization that I can always put more close on to keep warm. I can't always take more clothes on to keep cool (and there are MANY, MANY people in Florida that should never do that)

Jeff