_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Counterfit WARNING
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,250 Posts
KitMaker Network: 266 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 01, 2007 - 12:53 PM UTC
Hola one and all.

In a recent trade I received some freebee figures from a Company that I had never heard of. The company is called Electric Products and is based out of Brazil. The ower of the company is Marcelo Bertolin.

When I opened the box, one of the figures looked very familiar to me. I looked it up and sure enough, it is a WOLF models recast. After seeing this, I emailed Roger Saunders, and he confirmed it was an illegal recast.

I also got a 2 figure set, called "Germans Battle Plain" which is a copy of Jaguars "German Battle Plan".

I would advice to NOT do any sort of business with Electric Products (clever name...google it). From what I understand is that they are producing another line of 'their own' products as well, but I wouldnt trust this company as far as I can trow a tank.

If you'd like, here is the mans email adress, tell him how you feel about recasters, IMHO the scum of the scum in the modeling world.

[email protected]

I dont know where the kneeling guy is from, but he does look familiar.

HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 01, 2007 - 01:50 PM UTC
Nice 'heads up' here Anders
I have to agree with you re their status in the modelling world...
Good idea posting the photos you have also
Dirk-Danger
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 252 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 01, 2007 - 02:39 PM UTC
From the images, it would appear the quality of their resins and recasting is pretty crap anyway. Stay well clear.......

The problem for genuine companies out there is that sculpturing the figures is the longest and hardest part of the job. When you pay £8 or $12 for a figure, only a small fraction of that goes to material costs the rest is to account for profit, resellers costs but most importantly time spent creating the masters. As a consequence they are an easy target and a very quick way to make a decent profit for the counterfeiters.

Finally, vacuum casting devices are pretty expensive - all the genuine companies will have them but you can bet that most of the counterfeit people are just gravity moulding - the quality of the finished product will be no way near as good.

The thing that pisses me of most is that we are not talking about movie stars or pop stars with millions of pounds in their bank accounts - in most cases these small cottage industries are just doing an honest days work to eek out a living - they are modellers just like us...........

Regards,

Lee
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, January 01, 2007 - 04:24 PM UTC
Wow - they openly admitted to it being a bogus kit. That's some real 'class'

Staying clear for sure or all thier stuff.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 03:31 AM UTC
Those repops look dreadful.
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,250 Posts
KitMaker Network: 266 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 02:11 AM UTC
Here is another shameless bast$#d also from Brazil.

http://www.basesupportmodels.pro.br/bfiguras.htm

Apparently after some emailing (this was previously posted over at timelines) the figure pages are no longer working. He had copies from Warriors, Alpine, Verlinden, Michael Roberts, S&T and few more. Absolutely shameless.

His contact info is:

Italo Serafini
Caxias do Sul - RS
Fone: (54)3025.7257
[email protected]
[email protected]
MSN: [email protected]

Another one to mass email telling him what scum he is feeding off others hard work.

Lets keep this topic fresh and show that we as modellers will NOT accept this type of business. The majority of cost in production is the cost of the Master...these guys feed of others hard work and hard earned money spent to create the little things we love.

If we find these guys, and get together in mass, we can do something about it. No one likes 100's of emails saying how much of a worthless piece of $#I% they are everyday for a month.
 _GOTOTOP