History Club
Military history and past events only. Rants or inflamitory comments will be removed.
Hosted by Frank Amato
International Brigades in the Spanish CW
habicht
Visit this Community
Germany
entire network: 31 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 10:17 PM UTC
I'm doing researches for a work about the International Brigades in the Spanish Civil War '36-'39, particular about the german formations( like the Thälmannbtl.) Open Sources seem a little bit rare, besides total rubbish. Perhaps one of you folks here can help me a little bit...surely there are sources i've ignored so far. Important is only, that they are trustworthy and quoteable. It would help me a lot...

Regards

Jan

210cav
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 6,149 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,551 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 06:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm doing researches for a work about the International Brigades in the Spanish Civil War '36-'39, particular about the german formations( like the Thälmannbtl.) Open Sources seem a little bit rare, besides total rubbish. Perhaps one of you folks here can help me a little bit...surely there are sources i've ignored so far. Important is only, that they are trustworthy and quoteable. It would help me a lot...

Regards

Jan

Jan-- try and get Anthony Beevor's "Battle for Spain." Certainly not one of his best works, but it provides great insights into the chaos that reigned during this time period.
DJ