TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
'From Baghdad With Love'-Anyone Interested?
LogansDad
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 938 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 11:43 AM UTC
Being as I'm a former Jarhead who served in the first Bush/Gulf War, and that I now work almost exclusively with Dogs, My Sister-inLaw thought this would be the perfect gift for me. She was right on many levels. I think it's a fine story(For those of you not familiar with the book, it details the story of a Marine LtCol trying to get a stray Puppy out of Iraq against regs.) Beyond the Dog/Jarhead connection, there's a theme that goes much deeper- The basic daily Hell that is Iraq, from the grunt all the way up to the high-ranking REMF's(Mini synopsis-there are no true REMF's in that hole. basically, anyone with pale skin and an american flag is going to get sniped, mortared, fragged, IED'd or some other violent unpleasantness at some time incountry). I found it to be a well paced & quick read, & would like to reccomend it to all my Big A Brethren & Sistren.
To Wit, I have a proposal- (After wifey reads it) I'd like to pass on my copy of the book(Postpaid) to the next Armoramite interested. this person would then sign it & leave a small note or tape a short review into the Jacket, & then pass it on to the next interested party. It is my hope that enough of you will be interested that I will get this back in a year or 2 with comments from around the world included. What do you think-does this sound workable?

Also, anyone with a contrasting view or negative comment about the book should feel free to post to this Topic(Unless you're trying to start a flame war-I don't dig those.).

So- Who's first?

P.S.-Moderators-I wasn't sure of the approrpriate Forum for this post, so please evaluate & feel free to delete whichever ONE is superfluous...