_GOTOBOTTOM
Kits & books up for auction
mark197205
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,593 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2006 - 11:26 PM UTC
Following the death of my step-father I have inherited his huge collection of kits, books and Dragon Armor die cast tanks, so far I have only listed a very small part of what is going to be sold, some of the stash will be filling up my own but most of it is going, there are many OOP kits and books, some dating back to the 60's or even earlier.
I have stuff from Dragon, Tamiya, Italeri, Airfix, Revell, Monogram, almost exclusively military subjects in mainly 1/72 for aircraft and 1/35 1/32 for vehicles.

My seller id is the same as here, i pride myself on packaging anything sold in a way that I would wish to receive goods but wont charge over the odds on P&P, I will also sell to overseas (already have with some of the Dragon Armor) at cost and will combine on multiple items.
For UK buyers I'll accept Paypal, personal cheque or PO, overseas by Paypal only.

If anyone is interested please check me out or if you have a specific question or are after a particular item please dont hesitate to contact me.

Regards
Mark
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2006 - 11:39 PM UTC
One thing I forgot to mention in my original post is that one third of all monies raised from the sale of the Dragon Armor items will be going to Leukemia Research, the disease that eventually claimed his life, thanks again everyone.
Mark
WhiteWolf
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 67 Posts
KitMaker Network: 14 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 04:00 PM UTC
Mark?

You should tell people that are searching that they HAVE to use the www.eBay.co.uk seller search engine. www.eBay.com ~will~ find your ID, but will NOT find your items. This is an ongoing glitch that eBay does not seem to be interested in fixing.

I know this as I often search www.eBay.de (Germany) and when I go to check other items by seller after setting one as watrched to my www.eBay.com account, it cannot find them even if I've seen them over on www.eBay.de

Anyone have a contact in eBay programming dept?
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 09:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Mark?

You should tell people that are searching that they HAVE to use the www.eBay.co.uk seller search engine. www.eBay.com ~will~ find your ID, but will NOT find your items. This is an ongoing glitch that eBay does not seem to be interested in fixing.

I know this as I often search www.eBay.de (Germany) and when I go to check other items by seller after setting one as watrched to my www.eBay.com account, it cannot find them even if I've seen them over on www.eBay.de

Anyone have a contact in eBay programming dept?

Thanks for that WhiteWolf, a friend in the States had mentioned the glitch to me a few weeks ago but it had slipped my mind when I came to write my post and as I cant edit my posts then I will just have to rely on people reading yours......

Mark
zokissima
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 259 Posts
KitMaker Network: 43 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 09:50 PM UTC
There are only 8 items listed for sale there right now, and half are verlinden magazines....
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 10:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

There are only 8 items listed for sale there right now, and half are verlinden magazines....

This is true, and they are Verlinden books not magazines but thats splitting hairs, the reason being is that it is getting close to Christmas and as we all know the mail system gets rather overloaded at this time of year and people dont always have spare cash to buy things for themselves at this time of year, once the holidays are out of the way i will be listing stuff like there is no tomorrow....also I had almost 2 dozen items ending yesterday most of which were Dragon Armor..

Just for future reference I have over 150 kits waiting to be listed in my own den and a further 400 minimum at my mums, and thats before I get to the books..

Perhaps I should have mentioned this in my first post but forgive me for the oversight but hey I just wanted to get myself out there plus selling the stuff I dont want isnt the only thing I am having to sort out following his death so please bear with me people...
zokissima
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2006 - 08:07 AM UTC
Totally understandable. Keep us posted as to when items go up.
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 18, 2006 - 04:58 PM UTC
Just a quick note to say that I put up a few more items last night and more will be going on today, mainly in auction format apart from the Dragon diecast which will all be "buy it now" format.

Thanks for looking and if any one from the big A does decide to buy from me let me know.
zokissima
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 01:19 AM UTC
Good good, eagerly awaiting a full blown 1/35 post
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 06:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Good good, eagerly awaiting a full blown 1/35 post

Ok, just to let you know the first few items of 1/35 armour has gone on tonight, much more to follow.
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 08:54 AM UTC
Help a brother out friend, post a link for us to see, I checked out ebay/uk and didn't see you, but did find this bad boy....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-35-E-100-STUG-Resin-Metal-Conversion-for-Dragon_W0QQitemZ200061170274QQihZ010QQcategoryZ2588QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Removed by original poster on 12/21/06 - 11:13:25 (GMT).
PLMP110
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 1,318 Posts
KitMaker Network: 409 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 09:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

..will be going to Leukemia Research..

My heart goes out to you all. Leukemia killed my mother 11 years ago; she was only 47. She died 21 days after they told her she was sick. At least it was quick I guess. I donated her death benefit package from the Alabama Sheriff's Association the Leukemia Society.

Patrick

mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 01:17 AM UTC
Hi Bob, that does look one mean hunk of resin dont it? if I had an E-100 or two I'd give serious thought to buying that...

As for a link, just click on the one at the bottom of this post, the bit that says "visit my selected link"
Its not the most obvious link but I just tried it and it worked so I'd appreciate it if you would check it too...
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 01:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

..will be going to Leukemia Research..

My heart goes out to you all. Leukemia killed my mother 11 years ago; she was only 47. She died 21 days after they told her she was sick. At least it was quick I guess. I donated her death benefit package from the Alabama Sheriff's Association the Leukemia Society.

Patrick

Hi Patrick and thank you, my thoughts are with you and yours too, my dad had CLL for amost 12 years, beat it once but then finally succumbed to different infections that took all the fight out of him, for most of that 12 years I didnt even know he was sick, managed to keep it from me til about 5 years ago when he got sick enough the first time. He had been a modeller for over 40 years and while even he would admit he wasnt that good he is where I got my inspiration to join the hobby too. A few years ago he started selling at toy fairs and mysef and my mum now are continuing to do that and donate a full third of all we make towards research into fighting Leukaemia, a cause that deserves all the support we can give it.
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 06:46 PM UTC
Just an update to say more went on last night, inc some 1/35th armour
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 29, 2006 - 05:21 AM UTC
More items listed today, a few 1/35 items, quite a few 1/48 and a couple of Revell History Makers items along with some more Dragon Armor diecast.

The Mrs is a frazzle after packaging all the items that ended today as well as giving me postage charges for everything that I've listed, yes this is a family enterprise!

One of these days I will post a pic of my dining room, or as it is now know the despatch centre as it is full of cardboard, bubblewrap, brown paper and assorted rolls of tape!
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 05:42 AM UTC
Another update folks, some more kits on tonight, mainly wingy things and a few books too.....
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 11:17 PM UTC
More kits added last night, some thing for everyone, 1/35 vehicles to Airfix Ships....
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 04:41 PM UTC
Another update, yesterday was a bit of a listing frenzy due to it being a 10p listing day, so there is many more items now to be had, just follow the link below to go to my page.
Some Tamiya 1/35 armour went on, as did some Dragon 1/48 wingy things.
Thanks for looking
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2007 - 06:07 PM UTC
Another update, more kits and Dragon Armor have gone on over the last few days, including some 1/48 vehicles that form part of a Patriot missile battery , some more older Airfix kits, both wingy and boaty things.
I am now away for the weekend but once I am back there will be more 1/35 going on.
Thanks for looking and happy bidding everyone.
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 07:11 AM UTC
More on tonight peeps, mainly 1/35 armour but some other odd items too...
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 05, 2007 - 08:51 PM UTC
Quite a bit more listed the past couple of days, almost entirely armour with just one or two wingys for variety...
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 - 09:51 PM UTC
Another update which i know has been lacking recently, have been kinda busy, but anyway, there are plenty more kits listed, some books and other stuff to follow in the next few days...

Good luck everyone and thanks for looking.

ps, click the link in my signature to go to my currently listed items...
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 05:14 PM UTC
Just a quick update to say have listed a fair number of Squadron/Signal Osprey Vanguard books over the last few days, still plenty more to go on, all listed at way below currentretail price, not being done as auctions but as straight "buy it now"s
Thanks for looking.
 _GOTOTOP