_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
Hello all
medic45
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 38 Posts
KitMaker Network: 37 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 06:38 AM UTC
Ok so by dumb luck I found this part of the website. No I don't build armor kits, I'm more into WWII English aircraft and model fire and emergency vehicles.

I used to blow up armor at Ft. Sill Oklahoma when I was a tad younger. I loved field artillery and watching old armor turn into twisted metal out on the direct fire range was rather fun.

I don't get to do that anymore but I do work for the Federal Govt. If it wasn't for me and a bunch of other minions, the big wigs wouldn't have a pen to write anything on much less paper.

In my off time, I am a volunteer fire fighter/EMT. Been doing that for 14 years and even though I don't get paid for it, I enjoy every minute doing it.

On occasion you will see me at model shows in the Washington DC area. I have too much stuff and not enough time to build it all plus I have to make space in the garage for the car that belongs to my wife. At least she isn't being too pushy on that at the moment.
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 01:01 PM UTC
Gday Bill and welcome aboard!
It will be good to see some fire/mergency vehicles on the site... Nothing like variety:)
Sounds like you keep yourself busy; kudos to you!
Look forward to your posts
Cheers
Brad
Lucky13
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,707 Posts
KitMaker Network: 530 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 01:19 PM UTC
Alright son?

Welcome to the fraternity Bill! I second what Honeycut just said....
I hope that you'll enjoy your stay here with us mate.....
Have a nice day.

Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 2,169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 07:38 PM UTC
Gday Bill

A very warm welcome from little ol' New Zealand.

You sure are a busy guy how do you find time to fit in the modelling?

Anyhow pull up a keyboard and spend sometime enjoying this site and its friendship as a member.

Regards

Sean
medic45
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 38 Posts
KitMaker Network: 37 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 10:11 PM UTC
Thanks guys for the welcome. Gee I find it a tad odd that the replies I have received are from areas of my heritage. Maybe when I get to retire, I'll plan a long overdue road trip to Australia, New Zealand, and Scotland.
 _GOTOTOP