_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Springbok Club
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
South African Nuclear weapons book!!!
Graugrun
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
entire network: 125 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 12:27 AM UTC

Howzit Guys!

Just to let you know that I collected my copy of "Those who had the power" the Story of our nuclear program.

Man it will blow your socks off 5 times over!!!!!! :-) :-) :-)

If you thought you knew anything about our nuclear program you knew nothing! - you'll soon realize this once you have read this book.

It covers absolutley everything from our different missiles to launchers to what excatley happened with the whole Cheetah aircraft deal who got what and paid for what. The Vela satellite incedent (did you know that it was in fact 3 nuc devises fired from 203mm cannons off of ships. the Vega satellite only picked up one of the detonations). pics and drawings, satellite photos of our "area-51" abound in the book. The nucs on our Submarines, the various cruise missiles we developed.

how the yank "Star Wars" program was aimed more for what us and Isreal were getting up to then what the Russians were doing!

Our different mobile and static launchers for our ICBM's, the command and control centers, radars, associated technologies, what happened behind the scenes, what we swoped with the Russians to get the Klimov Rd-33 engine to re-engine our Mirage F-1's, red mercury, our boeing 707's real functions, project Carva - our own fighter aircraft, the Heildeburg incident.........etc,etc,etc,etc..........

The list goes on and on and on.

Never, ever before have I read something so revealing and jam packed with the most juicy of info.

The guys who wrote this are no fools and were very heavily involved in our Nuclear weapons Program - If you realy think that we had 7 nuc's as admited by F. W. De Klerk, then this book will blow your mind!!! - that was just the tip of the icberg!!! - in everyway.

Colour pics in the centre section and many, many black and white photos throughout.

I can assure you that any questions you may have had on our nuclear weapons program will be more than fully answered and much, much more.

If you are interested in this type of thing then please contact Pierre from VEG Magazine on (011) 972-8196

He told me that they have only printed 2000 and have already had orders from overseas and such, so I would hurry if I was you!! - OKAY ENOUGH POSTING I NEED TO CARRY ON READING IT!!!

:-) :-)
Graugrun
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 11:09 AM UTC
Sorry I forgot to add Pierre's E-mail address for those who would prefer to E-mail

it is: pierre(at)victorlogistics.co.za

Cheers,
Matthew
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 12:33 PM UTC
Thanks Matthew,

Sounds like a must read! And just in time for the silly season LOL

What price is Pierre selling the book for?

Keep well

Rudi

p.s. Is Mig still on for Nats 2007??
Graugrun
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 01:42 PM UTC
Hi Rudi,

Yes MIG is still comming out for Nats 2007 - it should be in early October. He will bring his wife out too and have a bit of a holiday at the same time.

The Nuke book is selling for R340.00 - and is worth every cent!!!

Cheers,
Matthew
Graugrun
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2006 - 01:37 AM UTC
Howzit,

Just spoke to Pierre and he tells me that the Nuclear book is selling like wildfire

He says that he is even getting a constant stream of guys arriving at his house wanting to buy the book!!!

They must be lekker lus for it - it seems that word of mouth from those who have already bought it is spreading fast and furious!

Well I don't blame them!

Cheers
matthew :-)
 _GOTOTOP