_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade: Selling: Finished Works
Finished kits or dioramas for sale by poster.
FS - BUILT 1/35th ARMOR MODELS
POPPYBILL
entire network: 4 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 07:02 PM UTC
I have over 150 built 35th scale armor models. Interested?? Check out this site -

http://community.webshots.com/user/poppybill

Examples of some of my built model work. I would sell ALL of my built models for $15,000.oo . Terms are simple CASH and you come to my house to pick them up.

Interested ?? Contact me by email.

Located in upstate NY.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 07:12 PM UTC
I will sell all of my build models for $100 each as well...but he, I'm open to offers.

I tried to have a look at your albums, but the constant pop-up telling me that I have 'won' a plasma t.v. has piss8d me of enough to not try for long.

Succes with your sale.

And welcome to Armorama.

jlmurc
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,267 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 10:19 PM UTC
I have checked the date and it isn't April Fools day yet.........is it.

John

Edit: - Good luck in your selling and I hope that you will bring your skills into the membership.

John - further post below
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 17,694 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,968 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 10:29 PM UTC
Yes, I'll stop building my own models and buy your old, built models for $100 each. Who do I write the $15,000 check to. :-) :-)

Do you actually think you are going to sell built models on a model building forum? Especially as a lot for $15,000?

Maybe try eBay and you may have better luck. Same advice for your post at Missing-Links buy/sell/trade forum.
Removed by original poster on 12/09/06 - 21:01:07 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 12/09/06 - 07:54:14 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 12/09/06 - 08:20:12 (GMT).
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 04:48 AM UTC
Guys, I see no reason to ridicule the person. If the subject matter doesn't interest you, pass the thread by. If you want to post a word of advice, that's different. Please feel free to use the "edit" or "delete" button if you think your response may not have been appropriate.
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 05:58 AM UTC
Okay Robin, I’ve deleted what I thought was a humorous reply so as not to offend or annoy anybody whatsoever in any way, shape or form.
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 06:04 AM UTC
My reply was not to ridicule, but I did poke some tongue in cheek fun at a person who has only registered on the site to try and sell his model collection for $15.000

His choice of depository for his albums is his, but the pop-ups are a major nuisance..

Agai, I wish him good luck in the sale of his models
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 783 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 12:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes, I'll stop building my own models and buy your old, built models for $100 each. Who do I write the $15,000 check to. :-) :-)

Ummmm............Gino..........you didnt pay attention.........he wants CASH, and you go to Upstate NY to pick them up. :-)

This guy would have a better chance of selling condoms to the virgin Mary then selling his lot for 15 grand cash. :-)
jlmurc
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,267 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 02:16 PM UTC
I will say that my post was not intended to ridicule as anybody who swells our ranks and adds to the discussion is a great thing, particularly when his models are very nicely built.

I just thought that to make your first post on a site which is about model making one of an advertisement as a little strange.

There are many places where one might more appropriately expect to reach an audience that may be exceedingly keen to buy built models, for instance Ebay, for which people do make postings to bring them to the attention of the wider membership and non-registered visitor.

I did wonder if it might be a bit of a strange thing and responded with tongue in cheek, not with any intention to cause upset.

If the models were advertised in groups or individuals I am sure that they would be sold to those who collect as individually I would say they are good value, far below the effort and live which is put into any build.

So I wish the gentleman good luck in his venture and hope that he will add his skills to the melting pot that is Armorama, but still question the manner of introduction.

Sincerely,

John
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 03:20 PM UTC
As i've frequently been singled out as the one who is bad-mannered, brusque and downright rude, it seems impressive how some people pile on someone who posts for the first time

What is the guy offering? Oh, yes, built models. Didn't think he was offering Class A drugs...
armorjunior
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 263 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 08:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

What is the guy offering? Oh, yes, built models. Didn't think he was offering Class A drugs...

watch this vid pretty funny

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pux4OC03ewA
gbkirsch
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 627 Posts
KitMaker Network: 81 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 08:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Pux4OC03ewA

I don't know, I would love to sell my older models, take the money and start a bunch of new models. But that's just me. The reality is, I'm going to box up my old models and have to buy new ones anyway. I wish this guy a lot of luck.

Gary
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 09:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Presumably if the word 'Giraffe' was to appear in this thread, we'd be getting a link to National Geographic's website? Just WHAT does the tragically unfunny Ali G have to do with all this? - I'm genuinely confused..
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 09:21 PM UTC
Aw come on! Ali G is funny! It's Christmas Jim! Let a little Lurrrve into your soul! :-)

Vinnie
armorjunior
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 263 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 12:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Aw come on! Ali G is funny! It's Christmas Jim! Let a little Lurrrve into your soul! :-)

Vinnie

AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 01:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Vinnie

The sooner Ali G/Borat.Sacha Cohen gets filed under, "Uh, who was that guy that made that movie a few years ago that was supposed to be funny but really took adcvantage of a lot of people's trust? Borax or Boron or something like that." the better.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
entire network: 9,763 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,351 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 03:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The sooner Ali G/Borat.Sacha Cohen gets filed under, "Uh, who was that guy that made that movie a few years ago that was supposed to be funny but really took adcvantage of a lot of people's trust? Borax or Boron or something like that." the better.

Not going to happen anytime soon. He has apparently a new character, thats still hush hush, but Hollywood has bought the film rights already. Must be doing something right.
Personally, I think both Ali G and Borat are hilarious. A breath of fresh air, after the last few years of political correctness!

What is considered "amusing" in Europe and the States, appears to get lost somewhere in the atlantic ocean, when going to the other side. Jim Carey, Adam Sadler, Steve Martin, etc. etc sank there some time ago as well. The majority of their new films, need to be advertised to death or are released direct to DVD.
Even re-recording the same comedy doesn´t work ie, the office.
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 03:42 AM UTC

I don't care how my response is received, but, I laughed out loud when I read the opening post, I laughed louder at some of the responses after it too.

Pretty funny, all in all. Pretty funny.
Cuhail
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 06:14 AM UTC
Hey! I like Borax/Borat - one makes me laugh, the other cleans the toilet,,, :-)
gbkirsch
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 01:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't care how my response is received, but, I laughed out loud when I read the opening post, I laughed louder at some of the responses after it too.

Pretty funny, all in all. Pretty funny.
Cuhail

I'm with you. Pretty funny!!!

Gary :-)
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 06:54 AM UTC

Hee he he he he, I was kinda depressed today, so, I came back and read it again. OOOOHHH I feel better now.

Cuhail
gbkirsch
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 06:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hee he he he he, I was kinda depressed today, so, I came back and read it again. OOOOHHH I feel better now.

Cuhail

LOL!!! :-) :-)
 _GOTOTOP