Militaria Forum
For discussions on a range of topics like reenacting, vehicle restoration, and collecting.
Buy a missle silo!
hellbent11
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 725 Posts
KitMaker Network: 320 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 12:13 PM UTC
http://www.missilebases.com

I hope the link works.

Check it out! For the right price you too can have your very own missle silo! That would give me plenty of room to work on and store my kits. I wonder what your utility bills would be?

I remember seeing the guy who runs the company on the link in a local paper( his "home" is close to where I am). IIRC, the silo and installation he bought he purchased for $1! Nobody else wanted to fool with it and didn't think it was that big a deal so nobody showed up to the auction. Back then everyone thought "what the hell am I gonna do with an old silo in the middle of the Kansas prarie?" Now we know!
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 08, 2006 - 04:09 AM UTC
Now how cool is that. I need to win the lotto and buy a couple of those up. Imagine the possibilities. Who cares if Iran gets a bomb or two. I live 300 feet underground with all the food and water I can use for 50 years. BOOOOOHAHAHAHA
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2007 - 08:12 AM UTC
Since it is underground your electric bill woun't be too bad. Plus you can seperate different ares to heat and live in. Too bad missile not included is how they are sold. Nobody would mess with you if you had a Titan sitting in the ground.

I remember hearing some news reports when the first eempty silos went up for auction. People got them for nothing ebcuse nobody wanted them. Our government is so smart sometimes.

sweaver
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 759 Posts
KitMaker Network: 131 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 06, 2007 - 10:30 AM UTC
Very interesting!

I wonder why they aren't building any more of these things. Not that I want nuclear war, but just that with the threat that North Korea, China and Iran pose, this doesn't seem to be a good idea in my opinion (unless all our missiles are on subs now).
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 11:30 AM UTC
Personally, I would be willing to bet that not all of them are gone. There is also the possibility of haveing mobile units secreted away. Kinda like the Russians did with the medium range and short range nucs they had during the cold war. I know we have the subs, I think we may still have some SAC stuff available too.
Navboyry
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 26 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2008 - 03:58 PM UTC
I was excited until I saw

"Nuclear missile not included"

I guess I have to keep the neighbors in fear another way . . .
dioman13
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,184 Posts
KitMaker Network: 356 Posts
Posted: Friday, July 24, 2009 - 03:34 AM UTC
Just imagine that micky mouse loving north korean not knowing they are used for housing and storage. Don't know if I would want to live there with all the dummies out there with nukes. Remember the saying, ( when in doubt, empty the magazine, ( or press the red buttons)).
silentsteel
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 9 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 10:16 AM UTC
Well I've heard everything now..............Damn can you think of a better place to hold a model convention.....LOL

Mike