_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
National D-Day Museum
gr8voyager
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 200 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2003 - 04:14 PM UTC
Escaped from New England before the big snow storm hit and find myself on a "voyage" in New Orleans. I am thinking of going to the National D-Day Museum which I believe is nearby. I didn't bring a camera (usually travel pretty light) but if there is anything anyone wants me to check out for them if I ever make it out of K-Paul's, Cafe du Monde, Bourbon Street and Harrah's, please let me know in the next 24 hours as it will probably be the next time I get onto the internet. I believe this was founded by Stephen Ambrose and hopefully will be cool to see - hopefully I can make it.

GR8Voyager
Favorisio
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 277 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 12:09 AM UTC
I am very jealous. My great interest is in D Day and I am a big admirer of Ambrose's work so a trip to this museum would be my perfect trip. Shame about the lack of camera, but a general report would be interesting. As i am in the UK it is unllikely I will get a chance to visit this museum.

Enjoy.

Roger
gr8voyager
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 200 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 - 12:34 AM UTC
Favorisio, send an email to me with your address.

If I do indeed go, I will send you a "surprise" Voyager award as the first reply to my post.
Now the pressure is on for me to duck out of planned activities to get to the museum - Operation: Saving Lieutenant Favorisio.

GR8Voyager in Mardi Gras land
 _GOTOTOP