Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
And You Though the PSP3 Auctions Were Nuts!
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 05:55 AM UTC
Two TMX Elmo are being offered at $65,000 on E-bay.
Bigskip
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,487 Posts
KitMaker Network: 464 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 02:33 PM UTC
Pardon My ignorance but What the heck! is TMX Elmo? I know Elmo obviously - but TMX??

Andy
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 04:23 PM UTC
A fool and thier money are soon parted - But hey - you get two of them.

Not sure what the TMX stands for, I think the X is roman numeral 10.
My father in law snagged one (retail price) for my nephew. As an adult it's cute twice, then it's just annoying. From an engineering stand point it's amazing. The doll stands and when you press its tummy it laughs, then bends at the waste, returns up right, raises its arm, then sits, then rolls over, then kicks and waves its arms, then rolls back over and stands back up. It does it very well. To create a toy that does that much controlled motion is amazing. But to wrap it in red and make it laugh like a crazed lunatic send you over the edge quick.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 05:26 PM UTC
I afraid even with the sob story, I wouldn't pay 10 bucks for the annoying little thing. I remember the first one, like Scott said it was amusing for about 5 minutes, after that I was ready to shoot Elmo. Needless to say the child I gave it to was emotionally scared for life, needed therapy for several years, and of course another "relationship made in heaven" turned to "hell on earth". And I was younger and less grumpier back in those days. :-) :-)
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 07:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Not sure what the TMX stands for, .

The X is for "Extreme" for the level of activity Scott mentions. The reason I looked this up is one of the local stations is using this as a raffle prize for donating to their Toys for Tots through them. Last year was an I-pod. I became curious what these things were valued as if they were offering one as a prize.
As Dave suggests, it's probably a great gift for the kid of that couple you really don't want to see any more but can't quite bring yourself to say so. :-)
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 02, 2006 - 11:24 PM UTC
those would make great targets to shoot at,while they are moving.Try to hit a moving target...