staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 02:51 AM UTC
Last minute I know, but I will be at the San Jose show today with a group of Modelers from the Fresno IPMS chapter. Rick Cooper (clovis899) will be with me.

Hope some of you can make it. Please check out here:

http://www.svsm.org/kc2003/

Cheers,
Jim
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 5,885 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,405 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 03:33 AM UTC
I'll see you guys there. Perhaps M4Nut (Eric) will be there too...

Gunnie
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
entire network: 1,796 Posts
KitMaker Network: 479 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 08:09 AM UTC
Good luck at the show guys. Let us know how it goes.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2003 - 03:31 AM UTC
It was a good show and turnout Chuck. Active Armorama members I ran into were: M4Nut (Eric) was there, and so was Andrew (drewgimpy). I got to meet Staff_Jim (Jim) for the first time too - that made my day!

As far as contests go - the usual reigned yesterday. High-Quality entries in all the categories. Some good judging calls, some not-so-good judging calls. Some complaints, some praise. The lighting in the venue was improved over last year - but still pretty bad. If you didn't have a flashlight for judging the models - you were missing quite a bit. All in all - a good day. Through it all I won four awards in Armor and Sci-Fi - and the Best Contest Theme Award (1970's) for my little TIE Fighter. A pleasant suprise since it had came in second to Industrial Light & Magic's Roy Sutherland's AT-AT Walker in its regular category.

I don't have a model count yet - hell - I haven't even had coffee yet this morning...

Gunnie
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2003 - 04:00 AM UTC
Sounds like a good time. Congrats Gunnie!
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2003 - 04:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sounds like a good time. Congrats Gunnie!

Thanks Bryan! Again, like meeting up with Andrew last year in Santa Rosa - meeting Jim was the highlight of the contest day. I got hot there in the contest room - it was crowded all day long - gotta get some Armorama business cards to hand out instead of wearing the denim shirt alone . He was taking pics most of the day - some might pop up here. I was running around both evading - and pitching in where the Head Judge needed me for judging - most of the afternoon too. I know there were more Armoramaites there than I mentioned...

I was having so much fun - I missed what was on the Vendor Tables...

Gunnie
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Monday, February 17, 2003 - 04:16 AM UTC
It was a great time. I enjoied meeting Gunnie (missed Eric -- sorry Eric). There were some impressive models at the show. Right up with what I saw at last years AMPS and IPMS Nats show.

My pictures (for the most part) came out horribly. I will try to post what few I can correct in Photoshop later tonight. The lighting there (and the need for using a flash) made taking good photos problematic (as least for my lil ole Olympus D320).

Cheers,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP