_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
I'm re-enlisting!
Panzertruppe
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
entire network: 37 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 01:35 AM UTC
After many years of civilian life, I am returning to do battle! Let's see, the last armor kit I had was way back in 1985, I think. My panzer brigade was wiped out during a move, crushed as it were by the enemy moving van. Alas! But now I am in the process of rearming and have begun to rebuild my forces. Who shall I invade first? Ah, I know! Iran! Who is with me? Let those Tigers roll. We'll give that pipsqueak in Tehran a dose of blitzkrieg!

I must say that modeling has changed considerably since I last time I worked on armor. The quality of the kits is incredible! Also there are more knowledgeable modelers than I have ever seen before. And there was no Ebay to find great deals on kits back when I last enjoyed the hobby. I am looking forward to creating some history in plastic. With all the talent I see here I know I can learn new and better things.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 01:45 AM UTC
Is that the Panzerlied I hear?Is that smoke from burning credit cards I smell? "I love the smell of enamel in the morning.It smells like..................ambush cammo!"

Welcome back to another Golden Era of military modeling!
cheers!
MiG-17
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 123 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 01:58 PM UTC
Welcome back to the model world, and the Big A !! 1985, thats when Tamiya was the top dog in AFV kits, and some kits still came motorized !! This is a great site with great people- enjoy!!

Rob-

MiG-17
Fordboy
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
entire network: 2,169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 447 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 04:28 PM UTC
Gidday Panzertruppe

Glad you have signed up for another "Tour of Duty".

A very warm welcome from New Zealand.

Pull up a keyboard and spend sometime enjoying this site and its friendship as a member.

Regards

Sean
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 04:55 AM UTC
Ah! "Panzerlied"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqlE9eNWYj4

40,000 hits on this one. Take a look at some of the others.
Panzertruppe
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
entire network: 37 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 08:26 PM UTC
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll no doubt have a few questions about armor and modeling in general. Looks like I'm in good company. Achtung, Panzer!
 _GOTOTOP