_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
New! Model Design & Blueprinting Handbook
star-art
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 - 01:58 AM UTC
I’ve been drafting plans for nearly 20 years. During that time, I've tackled some difficult subjects and many people have asked me how I am able to make such accurate blueprints. Until now, if you wanted to learn how to do this, you needed to get a complicated textbook or take a drafting course. Now, there is finally a book especially for modelers that explains many of these concepts in a format very easy to understand and apply.

I've been hard at work on this special project for nearly an entire year. It’s called the Model Design & Blueprinting Handbook and may be the only book on this subject ever published for modelers -- both 3D and traditional. This volume is packed with over 265 pages and more than 230 detailed illustrations. If you've ever wanted to see how to make your own blueprints or derive construction patterns for your project from a set of existing drawings or other reference, this book will show you how.

With the advent of new technology such as computer drawing programs and 3D modeling applications, the whole process of designing your own custom projects is getting easier than ever before. No matter what you want to build – 3D models or any genre of physical subjects – it all starts with a good set of basic drawings.

There is so much material here, it’s really more like a foundational course in 2D drawing techniques that will be invaluable for anyone who wants to design and build their own projects from scratch – be they real or “virtual.” The price is $29.95 plus shipping and the first books off the press will be available exclusively online.

Keep in mind, this book won’t be released until early next year. But, if you pre-order now, you can receive an advance copy next month. The response has been incredible so far. To order your copy or to get more information, please check out the following link:

http://www.ModelersNotebook.com

Charles Adams
Webmaster
StarshipBuilder.com and AirshipModeler.com
Author, MODEL DESIGN & BLUEPRINTING HANDBOOK, Volume 1
Pre-order now at www.ModelersNotebook.com
star-art
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 01:52 PM UTC
I would like to thank everyone for their encouragement and enthusiasm for this project and for all the pre-orders that have been pouring in. People are very excited about this new book and the response so far has been really positive. The final proof has just been received from the printer and the book looks great! It won't be long before those who have pre-ordered will receive their advance copies.

Because of the Thanksgiving holiday, the pre-order offer is being extended just a bit longer. If you missed out, you can still reserve your copy by December 4 and get upgraded Priority Shipping at no additional charge if you are in the US or a discount on International shipping charges. After that, all orders must include full price for shipping.

In addition, I will be personally autographing each and every pre-ordered book. For more information on the book as well as instructions for ordering, please visit http://www.ModelersNotebook.com

Note that the Introduction is now available to view and read online, along with the Foreword by Alan Sinclair, a.k.a. "Wizard of Flight" at http://www.modelersnotebook.com/MDBH1-Contents1.html

Remember, this is a limited offer, so don't miss this chance to get your copy early and save on shipping. Reserve yours today and be among of the first to receive this exciting new volume!

Charles Adams
Webmaster,
StarshipBuilder.com
AirshipModeler.com

PS If you know anyone who might be interested in this book, please spread the word. Thanks!!
star-art
Posted: Sunday, December 03, 2006 - 02:05 PM UTC
Thanks again to all who have responded, they are going fast. LESS THAN 100 COPIES NOW REMAIN available for pre-order. The offer to pre-order and get $5 off international shipping or get upgraded USPS Priority Mail shipping expires Monday!
star-art
Posted: Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 04:26 AM UTC
Less than 50 copies left for pre-order! Good through 12/15. Pre-order now to get your advance, autographed copy.

Thanks!
star-art
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 05:41 AM UTC
LAST CALL for pre-orders! These will be accepted through Friday, December 15. Anyone who pre-orders now will receive an autographed copy of the book (currently scheduled to ship before 12/30). If you attempt to order after the deadline, your name will go on an interest list so you can be notified when the book becomes available next year.
 _GOTOTOP