Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Telford, Telford,Telford
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 12:51 AM UTC
Sorry this is posted under Teacher's sign on but I find myself using his computer and I don;t want to log him off.(for fear I'll mess something up)

I just wanted to say that the Telford show was unbelievable!! Great displays, great club displays, an unbelievable amount of traders booths (no show I have ever attended in the states has two airplane hanger sized rooms filled with sellers!)

I met many fine people and put many a face to a name this weekend. No doubt I will forget someone here (due to lack of sleep) but some real great people operate the "Bulldogs" I would like to thank all of them as a group for making me feel as though I was a neighbour.

I met Henk and "DocDio" Keith F. both excellent folks and great hosts.
I briefly met Mal Iverson and Andy King. I am sorry that I wasn't able to spend more time with them but at least I got to chat and meet them both.

There are many more whom I will no doubt think of after this post has been submitted as I rest up I will try to put together a short travel log.

Jim and I will be here just a couple more days and hope to see m ore of the NW area of GB.
Again thanks to all who we've met and to those who haven't ever attended the event at Telford I can highly recommend it.

Thanks again everyone for making us both feel so welcome.
Charles
'creading'

PS: I think I dropped enough money to finance next year's show
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 04:59 AM UTC
Well, I'm glad to hear that you had a great time also Charles.
A safe trip home to everyone there.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 04:15 PM UTC
Glad to hear it was such a success.