_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: The Bush Telegraph
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Tristar kit availability in Australia?
TimTam27
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 222 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 11:27 AM UTC
Hi all,

I am interested in some of the kits offered by Tristar but have never seen any in the stores I frequent. (Melbourne) Are Tristar kits available anywhere in Australia?

Cheers,

TimTam27
jejb_71
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 10 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 05:05 AM UTC
Hi Timtam

I have bought all of mine through luckymodel.com (HK) as I have not been able to find any in Aus as well.

Darson
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 53 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 06:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all,

I am interested in some of the kits offered by Tristar but have never seen any in the stores I frequent. (Melbourne) Are Tristar kits available anywhere in Australia?

Cheers,

TimTam27

I've seen the Tristar kits available in Vic Hobby Center but I don't think they have any in stock at the moment.

As jejb_71 said, your best bet is to try the nice "much cheaper" folks at either:
Hobby Easy http://www.hobbyeasy.com
Lucky Models www.luckymodel.com
Hobby Link Japan http://www.hlj.com/

Cheers
Darren
AndyD
Visit this Community
entire network: 672 Posts
KitMaker Network: 218 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 11:16 AM UTC
G'day,

I have seen the figures in Hobbyco. www.hobbyco.com.au

I have also seen armour in Avenue Hobbies. www.avenuehobbies.com.au

Barry at avenue Hobbies has very good prices for Australia. The other bonus is that your $ stay here in Australia and help our economy.

TimTam27
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 03:57 PM UTC
Thanks guys for the replies.

Looks like whatever I do it means buying on the net. It will probably mean lower prices but there is nothing like going into the shop paying you money and taking a kit home with you. I don't get the same satisfaction clicking the mouse a bit and then waiting a month for the parcel to arrive.

Cheers,
TimTam27
jasmils
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 1,016 Posts
KitMaker Network: 129 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 10:19 AM UTC
G'day all,
The Australian distributor closed up about 12 months ago. But I have heard on the grapevine that one of the other model distributors might be brining them onboard at sometime in the future.

Cheers Jason
jejb_71
Visit this Community
entire network: 10 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 - 04:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks guys for the replies.

Looks like whatever I do it means buying on the net. It will probably mean lower prices but there is nothing like going into the shop paying you money and taking a kit home with you. I don't get the same satisfaction clicking the mouse a bit and then waiting a month for the parcel to arrive.

Cheers,
TimTam27

I am a mail order junky - I love getting things in the mail!!!! :-)
outback
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 87 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 - 03:09 PM UTC
Try Stanbridges in Perth. Not sure what their current stock is but they used to get them in.

http://www.stanbridges.com.au

Cheers
TimTam27
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 11:41 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

I ended up ordering a Tristar Panzer IVB from HLJ and with postage it was around $56. I imagine if I had to pay retail in an Aussie shop I would have been looking at least $75 so even though it would have been nice to go to a shop it probably works out a lot cheaper. Gotta get over my need for instant gratification.

Just a word on the kit. Wow! Nicely moulded, P-Etch including clamps for the tools and even some wingnuts. Nice decal options. Absolutely fantastic kit but incredibly complicated. Also the box was bursting with sprues. When I unpacked it to have a look I had real problems getting the sprues back into the box. They have to go in in special order to fit. You certainly get your money's worth. The only thing I didn't like is the colour of the plastic. It is dark yellow. I much prefer light-mid grey. It looks more professional somehow and better to paint.

Also got the Tamiya Char B1 bis from HLJ while it was on special. $56 including post. That was a real bargain.

Cheers,
TimTam27
 _GOTOTOP