_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Deactivating Callsign and details ?
casper
Visit this Community
Nelson, New Zealand
entire network: 395 Posts
KitMaker Network: 152 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 05:05 PM UTC
What is required to get my personal callsign and details deactivated /removed ???.
I have already submitted two polite request that this take place but nothing has happened.;
Or does the higher beings think that the details should remain on-site to help boost the membership numbers ?.
Or does the individual have to resort to hardnose comments and opinions which will upset these higher beings who will only then retaliate by removing said callsign ?.
This post was removed.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 08:47 PM UTC
Casper,
I already responded to you on this in a rather lengthy email. Coming on and posting about it doesn't change what I said.

What is the issue anyways? Judging from your profile you have removed a majority (you still have your MSN id/email entered) of your personal info. I don't see what you are trying to accomplish by having the callsign deleted. I don't delete callsigns anymore as it's too much of a nuisance trying to get rid of everywhere your callsign might appear in various places on the site.

It's not exactly like this kind of request is common-place on other sites or boards. Try emailing Network54 and telling them you want your account completely removed from their system. I doubt you will even get a reply.

For general record (might as well make this site policy since you have started the thread)... KitMaker Network does not delete accounts on request. Based on past experience with members loosing control of accounts and/or their primary emails. This policy is in step with Internet policies of other sites and meant to protect the integrity of the site and the original intent of the user who created the account.

Regards,
Jim
casper
Visit this Community
Nelson, New Zealand
entire network: 395 Posts
KitMaker Network: 152 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 09:52 PM UTC

Quoted Text

What is the issue anyways? Judging from your profile you have removed a majority (you still have your MSN id/email entered) of your personal info.

Probably because there is no way of deleting the E-mail address from the Change Password/info section.

FYA.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 11:08 PM UTC
That is a system email and completely invisible to users, search engines, or anyone but myself and senior staff. Again I don't see the issue.

Jim
 _GOTOTOP