TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
The Perilous Fight !
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 1,027 Posts
KitMaker Network: 269 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 02:00 PM UTC
Hi Guy's this is a 2 part - 2 hour UNINTERUPPTED, COMMERCIAL FREE, documentary on the dominant role that American Military & Industry contributed in W.W.2 and the all important contributions by America's Allies and their militaries
It is not film that has been colorized, but RARE lost archival color film taken during W.W.2.and it states that most color film was indeed shot by American's Some of this film has been seen on the history channel, BUT I ASSURE YOU MOST HASN'T. I seen the first part last night, and I'm sorry that I couldn't post this message before .....because I myself got word on it at the last minute before airing. It's really excellent, excellent footage. My eye's were bulging and my mouth wide open ! The best part is it's two hours long and totally commercial free, because it air's only on Public Boadcast Televison for the time being.

Part 2 ..... probably which will be the best, because they start off with D-Day , will air on Wenesday - Feb.19, 2003 at 9:00 PM. I only wish those who didn't see the first part did, but it will probably air again. Maybe the History Channel will pick it up later in the month.
YOU CAN FIND & READ FURTHER INFO ON THIS GREAT DOCUMENTARY HERE:
http://www.pbs.org/perilousfight/
ENJOY !

- ralph
War_Machine
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 702 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2003 - 04:24 PM UTC
I concur with the Colonel. The first two hours were excellent, and the next two should hold more of the same. I especially liked the film of Doolittle and his raiders in training with their B-25s and their mulit-colored nacelle facings and spinners. It's a show that is definitely not to be missed.