_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
Accurate Armour Kits For Sale
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 - 03:54 AM UTC
The following kits are being sold for a recently bereaved widow as part of her late husband's collection. Please bear this in mind when making offers. I can accept Paypal, buyer pays postage. Thanks.

Accurate Armour K46 CVR(T) Sultan
Accurate Armour K018 Comet Heavy Cruiser
Accurate Armour CO27 Chieftain M II Conversion (Stillbrew Turret)
Accurate Armour K050 REME FV434 Fitters Vehicle
Accurate Armour K110 Bedford OYD (Late)

Vinnie
Teacher
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 - 09:46 PM UTC
Come on guys! It's in a good cause!

Vinnie
pzkfwmk6
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 456 Posts
KitMaker Network: 231 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 05:14 AM UTC
Hey Vinnie, any Sovereign resin german kits in there?
This post was removed.
Removed by original poster on 11/10/06 - 16:06:45 (GMT).
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 02:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

In my opinion I offered a fair amount of money for some of the kits and ignoring me just because you don't like the price is very impolite

Emmm, it's an AUCTION. Am I missing some nuance in the translation somewhere?

Thirty quid for an AA Sultan? Hardly in the spirit of the auction in my opinion....
Teacher
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 02:27 PM UTC

Marcel, what you first posted amounted to little more than a rant against me. Rants of that nature agianst me or my staff will not be permitted, we do this job for free and we're not going to be abused.

Quoted Text

I'm going to report this to Jim, this is what I mean with misusing your privileges!

So you meant this before I deleted your message? You're good. For your information the kits in the last sale remain unsold since no offers acceptable to her were received. I'm just the middle man trying to help her dispose of her late Husband's collection, but thankyou for your understanding.
All sales I have posted have been continued to their conclusion with all people satsified. Except the last sale that is, since no serious bids were received, the sale was discontinued and I decided to wait a couple of months before attempting to sell more for her.
Marcel, if you don't want to buy one at a decent price for her, then simply ignore the sales topic?

Vinnie
Teacher
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 02:37 PM UTC
Marcel, no. The item will not be sold to the highest bidder, even if it's low. It will be sold if she is happy with the offer received, and under no other circumstances.
Yes, she'll take my advice, but this woman is still grieving, and still becomes upset over her late Husband's death, and I'm not going to upset her further by selling her husbands collection for peanuts. Now the last sale was unfinished, nothing was sold as no serious offers were recieved, and it got lost in the mists of time............................. this is a different sale. Do you want to offer something for one of these kits, or just continue to air your percieved grievance?

Vinnie
Teacher
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 09, 2006 - 03:16 PM UTC
Marcel,
You want to make an offer then make one.............or find somebody else to bother.
Teacher
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2006 - 02:21 AM UTC
K46 CVR (T) Sultan has been sold.

Vinnie
This post was removed.
Teacher
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2006 - 03:05 AM UTC
The above kits are for sale at the best prices I can get. That's what this topic is for.....nothing else. I will not let this topic be derailed by those who have personal issues. They will be deleted. Thankyou.

Vinnie
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2006 - 03:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Maybe my 1st post about misuse was a bit rough, again sometimes I miss the sophisticated English words.

Marcel

Marcel,
I got your email this morning and investigated your claim. I have to say quite honestly that I might have responded a lot worse if you had said some of those things to me for basically what amounts to not being emailed about your bids not being accepted. I think your expectations on being informed that the seller was not going to accept your bid was a mistake on your part. Unless my perception is wrong and Vinnie implicitly implied that he would inform anyone who bids that their bids would/or would not be accepted.

As for the seller giving you a price that is their "starting point", again I don't think that is reasonable either. As Vinnie has stated you can bid (send a message with your offer) and if that is the one accepted you will be notified. Obviously the seller will choose the person they feel is the best price and easiest to deal with. Those are the rules he has specified.

This is a private sale between one person and another. Not the "Managing Editor" of Armorama and another person. Quite honestly if you had come on here and posted what you did to anyone else I would have agreed the host or Vinnie would have been well within their rights to remove it. It was inflammatory. I have been informed another users comment were also removed for same (and yes I read that one too).

I don't see any misuse of power here. And I would appreciate this being the end of the debate.

Regards,
Jim
This post was removed.
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2006 - 08:07 AM UTC
I'm typing this only to possibly help set a standard for those looking to buy a kit thru vinnie, from the widow...it is my understanding that the sellers wish to receive 75%{minimum?} of the kits current price sans any needed shipping to where the buyer lives....the whole auction to be roughly considered as a "sale price" at any given web shop plus shipping like we'd have to pay anyway, so there is no necessary complaining about how far away we live{like me} nor what the cost of a decent resin kit is, nor how much more the kits cost over on that side of the pond...just good old fashion web sale type prices...no hidden diamonds for dirt pirces.
I'm NOT pointing fingers at anyone...really...just trying to refresh the standard for the sale and if I'm wrong about any of the above, vinnie, please correct me...please.
Also vinnie, please don't give up on us...we're a fickle lot I'm guessing{speaking for myself} and might be looking for just certain pieces...please keep up the good work for her{vinnie should get a parking spot @ armorama for this} and give the boys here a chance.

Look at it this way folks...if you passed and your wife was selling off your collection...wouldn't you want her to get the most out of it too...this isn't even his wife. That's my two cents for what it's worth in your neck of the woods...and being US currency, it probably won't be much. :-)
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2006 - 08:41 AM UTC
When Vinnie first took on this huge undertaking, it was explained that the kits were going to be sold for a fair price. This is not a stash that is sold by a collector who is getting out of the hobby, or who has to many kits to store.
Vinnie does not set the prices, nr does he decide if an offer is fair or not. He collates the offers, and puts them to the widow who then decides if she is willing to sell or not. The amount of replies will make it impossible to notify each and every bidder individualy as to the reason why his particularly bid was not accepted. Just try to imagine the time needed to do that. Vinnie puts in so much time allready, just have a look at his profile. 40 features and 157 reviews.... and those are just the ones he did himself. On top of that come the contributions that he edits, which is most of the content of 'Armorama', which take a lot of time as well, but for which there is no trophy or 'listing' in a profile. If anybody expects Vinnie to reply to them individualy, they might need to take what our American friends call a 'reality check'.

Sorry Jim, I'll leave it at this.

Henk
This post was removed.
This post was removed.
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,405 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2006 - 05:30 PM UTC
Firstly let me say that dealing with Vinnie is totally above board, NO BULL included.

Vinnie stated from the start that his commitment is to the Widow, thus ensuring that she gets the best deal possible, and I believe that he has remained true to that commitment.

I only managed to conclude one deal with Vinnie before my responsibilities were elsewhere focussed (due to an operation my daughter had to have).

Vinnie as soon as my daughter is more mobile and self-reliant I will be concluding the deals for the T-72 etc that were still in process (if they are still available naturally).
 _GOTOTOP