_GOTOBOTTOM
Buy, Sell or Trade
This forum is for all selling and buying related topics.
Problems with Lucky Models
tsitsosdera
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 30 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 09:02 PM UTC
I'm wondering if anyone had a problem with LUCKY MODELS.COM
because for the last 45 days i'm trying to purchase a model from them
and so far i've changed my order three times because the previus two where backordered even if at their site appeared available and the third one is allready twelve working days late.
So my question is: Is it a case of bad luck or a bad company?

Looking forward for your replies.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 09:09 PM UTC
I order from LuckyModels all the time.
"Available" doesn't mean "in stock", they have to order it then wait,( just like we all do) for it to arrive, then ship it to you. If the place they order from, isn't a fast shipper, then the wait is longer.
This post was removed.
This post was removed.
thedutchie
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,299 Posts
KitMaker Network: 347 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 10:40 PM UTC
Dera:

Lucky Model is great site to order from. They are cheap, fast and good communication. You could always fire them off an email and see whats going on.

troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 783 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 11:43 PM UTC
Youre not the only one who had problems ordering from Lucky Model. I have run into the same problems you did on two previous occasions. The problem is their English isnt that great. As one other member said, when it says "available" on their site, it doesnt mean they necessarily have it. I once waited for so long for an order from them, I actually forgot I even ordered the item. On another occasion, they claimed ot have the item in stock, but then didnt, and wanted me to wait about a month for the order, plus pay shipping all over again (which is kind of expensive to the US), and by the time I weighed out the cost of the two items and shipping charges, I just bought the stuff from GreatModels.com for about the same cost, and cancelled the order. Then I had to fight with them to get my money credited back to my credit card for the remainder of the order. I wasnt happy, and while their prices are good, I decided not to deal with them again. Theyre not crooks or bad people or anything, but I think their site, communication, and service needs improvement. Just my .02.
Joker
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 813 Posts
KitMaker Network: 203 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 12:35 AM UTC
I ordered a few times from Lucky and had no problems, maybe just a bit of bad luck, don't write them off too soon.
Peter
HotSauCe
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 238 Posts
KitMaker Network: 176 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 01:37 AM UTC
Never a problem with Lucky Model....Raymond Chung always answers my questions quickly....and my orders are sent promptly....and I have ordered a lot from them....

I recommend them whole heartedly! They are the "sprue Brothers" of the East!

BTW...Happy Day!
tsitsosdera
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 02:06 AM UTC
I thank you all for your replies ill keep waiting and hope my order arrives
sometime before christmas.
biffa
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 881 Posts
KitMaker Network: 37 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 02:18 AM UTC
ive bought from them a couple of times and after i one time figured out that "available" could mean quite a wait i only buy "in stock" items and have had nothing but great service, i always got a timely response to emails and concider them to be my first stop when looking to buy a model, if they have it its almost garuanteed to be cheaper than anywhere else i shop.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 03:27 AM UTC
Lucky models or easyhobby aer among the best places to shop. If they have the stuff actually on hand you usually get it within 10 days. Places like Roll and Great Models, they don't even get around to pulling the order for over a week, and they generally don't have the item actually available. Sprue Bros. is great, when they say they have it....they really do, likewise Squadron. If you have to have the item now then pay the Squadron premium. If it is big and heavy, then order from Roll or Greatmodels. If it is small and you can wait a few weeks, or several months if it is out of stock, then you go with the Chinese companies. I ordered a screen for a Leopard tank from HObbyeasy once. 3 months later it showed up.

So, I would give them all good ratings, but other than Squadron and SPrue Brothers, I don't expect to see anything for 2 or 3 weeks. Of couse, I live in the US and things are radically different as to when and how long it takes to get my order. Where you are at, if you just have to have it now, then go to a hobby store
Dirk-Danger
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 252 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 03:38 AM UTC
As an online retailer myself, this thread is quite interesting - it confirms the 2 main points I adhere to when selling products via my website -

1 - It MUST be in stock if your site is listing it as such.
2 - Delivery must be quick.

Before I opened my shop, these were my biggest gripes when buying online and it seems they are for you guys too.

Probably only of interest to guys based in England/Europe but do feel free to check out my website - shipping is same day (95% of the time) and if its listed on my site - its IN STOCK.

My prices are also 5% less than UK RRP so for kits its probably cheaper to go with the US/Far east companies if your not in Europe but for European manufactured stuff I'm pretty competative.

OK, shameless plug over with

Oh, yes, I have also bought a new Tamiya HG SF Airbrush from Lucky Model - No problem with delivery at all and VERY cheap.

Lee
tsitsosdera
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 12:07 AM UTC
Fellow modelers I'm informing you that today 1st of November i got an
e-mail from Lucky Models apologising for the inconvenience and offering me the option of refund.
After this and after reading your replies i came to the conclusion that i was simply unlucky and hope to do batter next time.
 _GOTOTOP