Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
NFL Week 8 Smack Thread
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 10:35 PM UTC
Okay,
Time vent or gloat. You decide.
Me, I'll just say do not give Manning & Co. the ball with 1:48 left in the game if the score is tied...

Shaun
/Go Shoes
//First team to open 7-0 in back to back years since the 1929 Packers
///Wooot
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 10:54 PM UTC
Good team that lets a lot of points get scored.
IndyCopper
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 11:02 PM UTC
Man the Colts were giving me a heart attack listening to them on the radio last night while I was on patrol at work. Me, some of the other guys and some dispatchers were talking smack back and forth on the IM on our in car computers. I hate to say it but it is only a matter of time before the offense cant bale the D out. I predict 12-4 and another early playoff exit
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 11:19 PM UTC
Spot on Rob. They are last in the league in rush defense. It really says something about the offense when your defense gives up 180 yards rushing in the SECOND HALF and you still manage to win.

Good games.

Shaun
/Patriots game at Foxboro next Sunday night should be good, too.
//Indy, I don't see four teams that worry me at all...
Sabot
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2006 - 11:31 PM UTC
It'll be a tough game for him. He does not have a very good record versus New England. Hard to believe a quarterback of his caliber with 8 years under his belt does not have a Super Bowl ring, but Bonehead Ben has one.
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 4,691 Posts
KitMaker Network: 668 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 05:56 AM UTC
To all You pompous Steeler Fans,,,,,,,,,I guess the Raiders aren't the worse team in the league,hey we got the same record as the "Super bowl Champs".I guess Pittsburgh will be spending the playoffs the same place the Raiders will be .................HOME!!!!

Go Raidernation!!!!!!
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 05:58 AM UTC
HAHA! The Lions didn't lose this weekend... bye week
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 3,289 Posts
KitMaker Network: 592 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 08:11 AM UTC
"Worst team in the league", that honor usually falls on us{bears/cubs/sox} but so long as the bears kick packer butt I'm happy...they can loose the rest of the season so long as they come out better than gb. {I endorse this slightly biased reply being an F.I.B.}
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 08:31 AM UTC
The Colts and Bears definitely look like the class of the league right now but there's still a long way to go and a lot could happen between now and the playoffs. I do have to agree with Shaun though, other than the Pats I don't see any other teams in the AFC that can play at the Colts level consistently, but there's the catch. Unfortunately in the playoffs it's one loss and you're gone. A team like say... Baltimore with their defense could have a good day and knock them off (PLEASE NO!! I HATE the Ravens!! did I make that clear enough?? )

As for my home team, the Falcons, I'm feeling pretty good right now. We're sitting at the top of the NFC South at 5-2. Yeah were tied with the Saints but I think the Saints have been riding a wave of emotion and that wave may be starting to ebb some now. I'm not saying they're a fluke but I don't think they can sustain this same level of play through all 16 games. Best of all, the thing we've been waiting and hoping for is finally beginning to happen. We've known the "Birds" can run the ball, now the coaches are letting Vick open things up and they are developing a passing game to go with the running game. It's going to be a fun second half of the season .

Mike
IndyCopper
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 153 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 08:01 PM UTC
Stayed up late last night and watched the Patriots-Vikings game. Man they look good. Makes me worry a bit about for the Colts next week vs the Patriots.
Sabot
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 08:52 PM UTC
Being a life long New Englander and a Patriots fan, last night's game was sort of embarrasing. I had expected a lot more out of the Vikings who were 4-2 going into the game (I'm not really familiar with that team).

The Pats may have been 5-1 going into the game, but four of those wins were against the Bills(x2), Jets, and Dolphins. Not hardly powerhouses of the AFC. They did have a similar quality win over Cincinatti though.

They did shut down the run fairly effectively, but allowed Brady to throw over 300 yards and four touchdowns. Add that to the fact that their offense didn't get into the end zone and you're bound to lose to a solid team.

The Pats-Colts game will be good, but I'm more concerned with the Pats-Bears game a few weeks from now. Bears are looking tough.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 09:56 PM UTC
Bears scored a lot of points off of turn overs and granted they were playing the 49ers but they looked very good last Sunday. Are they Super Bowl Shuffling yet?

Shaun
StukeSowle
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 599 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 04:43 AM UTC
I'm not Super Bowl shuffling right now...the season is a long way from over.

Every team out there has a weakness. The Colts defense, the Bears have Rex who makes a lot of mistakes on the road as he is still a very young quarterback. Either of these teams can be defeated and with both headed to Foxboro it should really help show who stands were in the next few weeks.

However, no one in the NFC really scares me too bad. If we (the Bears) have homefield through the playoffs I don't think anyone is going to beat us. The Panthers/Eagles/Falcons/Giants have all shown some weakness. In fact the Panthers and Eagles are quite a shock to me right now with their play.
Sabot
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 07:29 PM UTC
I'd be worried if I was a Colts fan. Although they have a 7-0 record, half their wins were for a touchdown or less. A win is a win, but many were hardly convincing.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 04:06 AM UTC
I hear the Pats resodded the center of their field.Since there is a soccer team(Revs) which also uses the field.I guess they want better traction for the running game Sunday.I hope its the late game,I am going to be at patcon that afternoon.
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 2,716 Posts
KitMaker Network: 531 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 09:11 AM UTC
I'll be honest, many of the Colts' past games have given me heart attacks, but this last one did not phase me one bit. I knew the second Manning had the ball, some [self-censored] was going down. Lets see if we can continue to beat the curse of Foxboro.

Jeff
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 06:40 AM UTC
I think Manning and the O is not going to get any help from the D vs the Pats.