Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
google searches
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
entire network: 2,365 Posts
KitMaker Network: 474 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 10:18 AM UTC
I'm getting a bit tired when I do a search on a modell and the first 300 hits are vendors and online shops... Is there a way to filter the hits? I don't (always) wanna buy. I want to find reviews and stuff. (Even the +review yields in online shops.)
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 11:44 AM UTC
Hey Andras,
I to often look for reviews, what I find that helps is by typing in like… 1/35th Abrams article or article/review. I also search under images, when I see something built chances are there maybe a review or article.

Have you seen this link, there are some great site with a ton of reviews and article.... Top Modeling Sites

Joe
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 03:20 PM UTC
Joe is dead on with adding a word to the search it trims it down a lot.

Plus it really helps to save favorites as you. If you see a thread that points to a good reference site, save that site as an IE favorite. Name it something meaningful and you can get back to it quickly.
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
entire network: 2,365 Posts
KitMaker Network: 474 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 09:00 PM UTC
Thanks for answering. I do use different words (like +review, -sale) narrow it down, but it still irks me that everything you search for (not just models) brings up a tons of online shops. I hoped that there might be some filter in google to turn this off, and maybe others know how.
(I think the funniest case was when I did a search on chemical weapons, and on the sides the "ebay-bot" advertised weapons...)