TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
COD 1
HILBERT
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 4,808 Posts
KitMaker Network: 360 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 20, 2006 - 10:07 PM UTC
Hey,

are there any CoD 1 players??

If so shalle we make an own armorama server?? Just for the armorama members?? So a server with a code that anyone if they want play in our own server??

I think it is a nice idea...

What do you think about it??

Hilbert
Snake-NL
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
entire network: 799 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 05:51 PM UTC
i only play cod2 at the moment.
Grizzly
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
entire network: 347 Posts
KitMaker Network: 68 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 23, 2006 - 10:52 PM UTC
I play CoD 1 and United Offensive (love the tanks) and I think if we get enough interest it might not be a bad idea.
HILBERT
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 4,808 Posts
KitMaker Network: 360 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 03:55 PM UTC
No indeed, but seen the posts here is the interest very low.

To bad...

Hilbert
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 11:41 PM UTC
Howdy Fellas,

I just HAD to post a reply here since I have been {O.K., I'll step up and say it} addicted to FPS'ers since they came out.
This suggestion of an Armorama 'clan' site for playing the games has certainly been brought up before, unfortunately with unsuccessful results.
But ya never know, maybe one of these times it'll actually take!

Anyway, the point I personally wanted to bring up is; It has always befuddled me why almost noone rallies around the PC game BATTLEFIELD 1942 and all of it's extended family of mods, maps, etc.
Considering the original birth of this website originally revolved around the interest of ARMOR, I always was astonished that more people here didn't get the same charge, or appreciation out of the fact that the engine used in the PC game Battlefield 1942 allows you not only to 'Run & Gun' all the time, but to FLY, DRIVE, SAIL and/or operate any number of vehicles within the map.........it's just always been surprising to me......
On top of that, you add the fact that you can add voice to the game.....sheeeesh!

Anytime you guys want to start up any of the BF-based games online, believe me, I will be one of the first to qeue up!

Tread.

BTW, have any of you played Battlefield 2? Or, for the Sci-Fi aficionado's in our ranks, the newly released {and very cool} Battlefield 2142?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 01:05 AM UTC
Tread,
I have played BF1942 and Vietnam pretty extensively. I was in the midst of playing BF2 when I started suffering from anxiety attacks... so I pretty much gave up the high-adrenline games for over a year now. I have returned to BFV a few times just to play my favorite map (Op Flaming Dart).

I have to admit... BF2142 looks cool enough though. I just wonder if it would be even faster death than BF2. What I like about the older period games was that you could actually make it through a whole game without dying if you were smart. BF2 was a slaughter-fest.

Cheers,
Jim
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,000 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,210 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 04:24 AM UTC

"....when I started suffering from anxiety attacks........"

Wait a minute, what the heck is up with that my old friend!?!

I know I was away from the site for quite awhile, but did I miss a health issue of yours?........apparently so. I'm really sorry to hear about all of this pard', hopefully you're feeling better now? I will choose to not question further so as to avoid possibly bringing up any old 'feelings'......stay healthy Big Guy, we all need ya ya know?

As far as your observations on BF are concerned, you couldn't be more RIGHT!....especially what you said about the differences betwix BF42 and BF2. True enough that it was much easier to last a tad longer in BF42, but then it had a wee bit of 'arcade' playability built into the engine. Hence there were Modder's re-writing code to make gameplay more 'real'. But then, I didn't have a lot to argue about because I agreed with the vast majority of their changes......I mean, if you remember, when the game first came out the Sherman's cannon would fire this incredibly slow moving round, and it arced horribly!

Overall, my biggest complaint with the entire BF community is the lack of true TEAMplay. Meaning, true TEAM positions....a sniper remains a sniper, a helo driver remains a helo driver, a fast mover focuses on killing the enemies fast movers primarily and spends less time strafing simple ground targets for crikkey's sake!

{Oops!........sorry, didn't realize I was on the soapbox, until I got a couple of splinters in my foot }

Tread.
rommel93
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
entire network: 169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 26, 2006 - 05:03 PM UTC
Hi all,
I play United Offensive and CoD 2 and I think armorama server would be great.
It is worth a try I think not quite sure about the last attempts.
Sebastian