_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Tool Tip
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 04:38 AM UTC
I'm posting this here instead of the tool forum because I thought more people would see it. There is a tool available from Micromark that has made modeling a bit easier for me, they are called desprueing tweezers. They are really great for removing small parts from the sprues, in many cases there is little to no clean-up required. I have also been told they are good for photo etch but haven't tried because I don't want to dull them. They sell for $14.95. This might seem to be alot for a pair of "tweezers" but I've been using them about 4 months now and feel they are well worth it. This may be old news to many of you but I thought some people might be interested. Check out the web address below. (I'm not affiliated with Micro-Mark)

Cheers,
Mike

http://www.dxmarket.com/micromark/products/82393.html
Matrix
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 528 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 09:01 AM UTC
Good to know! I was checking them out just today.
TwistedFate
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 805 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 05:10 PM UTC
They are on sale now until Feb 18 too. 60% off. Here's a link:http://www.dxmarket.com/micromark/products/82393A-3148.html
warlock0322
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,036 Posts
KitMaker Network: 152 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 - 09:44 PM UTC
In keeping with the tool subject. Just thought i would throw out that Etch mate has a new or supposedly new PE bending tool called The Etch mate.. I don't know if all have heard about it, but from what I hear it works great..It can be viewed at www.etchmate.com
It a little pricy, but like stated earlier people that have one say it worth the money. I am saving for one now or waiting for the sale to start..
 _GOTOTOP