_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
2003 Old Dominion Open
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 1,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 344 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 02:52 AM UTC
First off I'd like to congragulate Ron (pipesmoker) and the rest of the IPMS Richmond Chapter for putting on a great show.

It was nice meeting Ron again and meeting several other ArmoramA members for the first time. They were Penny (ladymodelbuiler), Adam (AVukich) and Tim (Tankshack). I got to judge several armor categories with Ron, Adam and Tim.

Congrats go out to Penny and Ron who took home some hardware with entries they submitted. A special congrats also goes out to Ron who was recognized by his chapter with their annual presidential award to the member who has been the biggest contributer to the chapter over the past year.

This was the second year I had been to the Old Dominion Open and I wasn't dissappointed. There were over 500 entries (if i'm not mistaken) with about 40% of those being aircraft. Some of the armor entries were truely spectacular, especially in the softskin category.

What's the next show on the horizon this year? AMPS?
pipesmoker
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 649 Posts
KitMaker Network: 261 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 03:43 AM UTC
Thank you for those kind words, Bryan. It was a nice seeing you again, and meeting Penny, Adam and Tim.
As you said, there were almost 500 entries, we really did not expect that many. I'll have actural entrant and attendence figures after our next chapter meeting on the 18th.
I'll be sorting through the pictures I took and will post them on the ArmoramaMSN site later this week.
 _GOTOTOP