_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Reviews?
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 12:55 AM UTC
Hi Jim (or whoever happens to help),
I have a question about reviews. I was reading two reviews on polishing systems by different makers. They both have very similar qualities and I was very interested in either one or the other when I came to a very important part of any product comparison...the prices. And that was where I hit a stumbling block.
Is it suggested to the reviewer not to include any base MSRP (Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price)? I understand that a lot of review items are given to the reviewer free in exchange for a review on the product, but, price is very often listed. Why not here? I know price means almost as much as capability to me, and I assume others as well.

Just curious,
Cuhail
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 01:13 AM UTC
In the review format page, there's a place for the MSRP. The reviewer may have omitted this. I don't kknow if the submission form requires this, but I've included it, even for the items that were samples I got from Jim S. If these were also samples, the price might not have been availabel to the reviewer. (I had to search for a retailer to get the sample prices.)
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 02:21 AM UTC
Murphy,
I'm probably one of the culprits! :-) I always do my best to put the price, but sometimes, no matter where I look I just can't find it! This is especially true where it may be an advance sample.............the retail price might not have even been decided yet. So the simple answer is.............if we know it, we'll put it in!

Vinnie
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,058 Posts
KitMaker Network: 787 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - 02:56 AM UTC

Notice I didn't point any fingers, but, yes Vinster, one of the reviews was yours about the polishing system and another by....someone else. Both looked like good products, but, I couldn't find the price difference because neither had a MSRP.

Thanks for understanding and replying! Ya's answered me quieries.

Cuhail
 _GOTOTOP