Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
MIG pigments and airport security
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 894 Posts
KitMaker Network: 127 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 11:30 AM UTC
Hi all,

A friend in the Czech Republic aked me if I could bring him some modelling stuff. So I bought myself some MIG-pigments and some fake grass which is used by railroad modellers. At the security check I could see my bag at the X-ray. It showed two very dark spots (the pigment bottles) These bottles were next to the cable of my cell phone charger. So the whole thing looked like a bomb apparantly. I had to open my bag and I had two security guys staring at my MIG's for 5 minutes with a look on their face like: what the hell is that stuff? To make things worse they found my modellig grass which looks a little bit like drugs (weed) so I had to explain that too...

Next time I take some kids-modelling clay and write C4 on it and then I tape a clock to it. See what happens then......

:-)

Cheers,

Mat
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,339 Posts
KitMaker Network: 624 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 05:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Next time I take some kids-modelling clay and write C4 on it and then I tape a clock to it. See what happens then.....

Most likely 5 to 10 years in prison... :-)

Dave
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 05:43 PM UTC
True story:

Many years ago, I'm talking back in the 70's when I was in the Navy, one of the guys flew home from Norfolk. He had a present for his wife in a small carry on package. When the stewardess asked for it to put it in the over-seat locker, he jokingly replied "be careful, it might go off!"

The police, air marshals, and FBI had a field day, and he spent his 10 day leave in their custody.
mat
Visit this Community
Limburg, Netherlands
entire network: 894 Posts
KitMaker Network: 127 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 06:54 PM UTC
hahaha

my colleague (we work in the logistics business) who's English is not so great took some handheld laser scanners which we use in our warehouse in his luggage. The customs person asked what it was and he told him: scan guns. (who is so stupid to mentioned the word GUN at an airport) Inmediately an armed officer came with his hand on his hip if you know what I mean. I am glad I was not travelling with him that day.

Glad I did not buy the rusty nazi-helmet in the local army shop in the Czech Republic with bullet holes in it as a souvenir for a friend who always builds German armour

:-) :-) :-)
rommel93
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
entire network: 169 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 09:39 PM UTC
one word LOL