Hosted by Matt Leese
BADGER 360 Airbrush
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,434 Posts
KitMaker Network: 114 Posts
Posted: Friday, February 07, 2003 - 06:17 PM UTC
Well i'm looking for a new airbrush and was wondering if any of y'all had this model and is it any good???? If not what is your recomendation!!! STUG
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Sunday, February 16, 2003 - 09:05 PM UTC
:-) Stug, this is the airbrush I intend to get, when I upgrade from my Badger 200 single action (which I've been very happy with). I've handled the 360 and it is very nice. I just love the idea of having a gravity and bottom feed in one airbrush.
Mal
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 04:34 PM UTC
Stug is this also known as the Universal 360? if so I am having this one. It's not bad, but definitely not for like very detailed spray job. I am planning to get a Gunze 0.2 mm one for ambush pattern or small things.

HTH.
phleck
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
entire network: 8 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 - 05:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well i'm looking for a new airbrush and was wondering if any of y'all had this model and is it any good???? If not what is your recomendation!!! STUG

stugiiif,

Interestingly enough, I've used a Paasche VLS in the past and have been relatively pleased with it. It's on its last leg, and I noticed that my local Michael's store carries the Badger 360 and I've considered getting this airbrush to replace my Paasche. Plus, Michael's always runs those "40% off anything in the store" coupons. I'm anxious to know what you think of this AB, if you decide to get it!

-Matt
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 8,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 963 Posts
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2003 - 09:43 PM UTC
:-) Hi SS-74

Quoted Text

Stug is this also known as the Universal 360? if so I am having this one. It's not bad, but definitely not for like very detailed spray job. I am planning to get a Gunze 0.2 mm one for ambush pattern or small things.

Yep it's the Universal 360.
I'm intrigued by this. Are you saying that you can get 0.2 mm spray pattern with a Gunze airbrush? I manage about 1mm with my Badger 200. My reason for probably getting the Universal 360 is that I want to upgrade to a double action (mainly it will be easier to keep the needle tip clean) but the idea of being able to use a syphon feed with a jar, for bigger jobs and a gravity feed for detail really appeals.
Do you use Gunze paints?
Mal
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
entire network: 3,271 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 02, 2003 - 06:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

:-) Hi SS-74

Quoted Text

Yep it's the Universal 360.
I'm intrigued by this. Are you saying that you can get 0.2 mm spray pattern with a Gunze airbrush? I manage about 1mm with my Badger 200. My reason for probably getting the Universal 360 is that I want to upgrade to a double action (mainly it will be easier to keep the needle tip clean) but the idea of being able to use a syphon feed with a jar, for bigger jobs and a gravity feed for detail really appeals.
Do you use Gunze paints?
Mal

HI BBW # 2,

Wooooowllllllll! (Doing my best wolfie sound)

Yes, I used to have a Gunze D/A airbrush, I manage getting 0.2mm easily with that, and I can easily do ambush pattern with the Gunze airbrush. The universal is nice. but the top feed one is more of a gimmick, because it holds so little paint, usually it ran out after 5 to 6 spray.

Yes, I use mainly Gunze paint, and some Tamiya as well.

HTH.

Woooooowwwwllllllllllllllll!!!! Oinkty Oink Oink! #:-)
 _GOTOTOP