TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Any thoughts on new fall TV shows?
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2006 - 06:13 PM UTC
Anyone else have any thoughts on the new fall TV shows.?
I have been watching "Jericho." Pretty good so far if you can get past some glaring errors. Seems like a post apocalyptic "Lost" to me but I will stick with it and see where they go.
I also really liked the first couple episodes of "Heroes." I thought they were just cashing in on the whole X-Men craze but story line took off in the pilot and looks like it has some legs. You have to love a Star Trek fan that call teleport himself and stop time.

Shaun
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 08:35 PM UTC
I'm not sure whether I like Jericho or not. I think I do, but I have to see if it makes up it's mind whether it's going to be a action/mystery show like 'Lost' or a soap opera. At least it's not Mad Max or any other post "pocky-clips" sci-fi themed thing. Those are all good in there own right, but I'm glad Jericho doesn'r seem to be going that way.

I can't get into Heroes at all. I like the little Japanese guy that can Ninja and teleport up a storm, but the rest of that characters I don't care about.....especially the cheerleader - please, don't save her....

I really like Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip. It's "West Wing" without the west wing. I think the writing is sharp, I really like all the characters (especially Matthew Perry) and the stories are very personal and intimate. The guest stars are great...Sting! - wow...and I thought John Goodman as the Pahrump judge was a hoot.

Smith started out well but it was too improbable to think the crooks were that smart and that lucky to elude such dumb cops for so long. It was just an unsustainable premise. Ray Liotta is always watchable but the rest were bad. It had to go.

keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 08:49 PM UTC
I think they added the soap opera element to Jericho keep women interested. I know my wife likes it, too.
Heroes must be a love hate thing. There is no middle ground. Have you seen it since the mind reader and the radioactive guy have been on?

Shaun
grom
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 214 Posts
KitMaker Network: 35 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 10:41 PM UTC
Hi all,
Anyone viewed TheTeam its at about the forth week of showing here in the UK ,Stories are based on the exploits of a Delta Force type unit.Probably has been running for a while in Canada and the US any comments good bad ?get better or worse.

Phil
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 11:14 PM UTC
My whole family watches Heroes and we love it. The other family show we watch is Ghost Whisperer on CBS. I watch Studio 60, but it's starting to slip. My one "must see" is still Battlestar Galactica.

Other shows the family enjoys are Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters on Discovery Channel. These replay over the weekend so catching the new one on weeknights isn't as vital.

Based on this, I watch 1) BSG, 2) Heroes, 3) Ghost Whisperer.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 03:47 AM UTC
New shows for this season. My number 1 pick is Hero's. I just find it absolutly delightful. I think everyone's favorite character is Hiro...he is just such a likeable unpretentious guy. And I am definitely one that says "save the Cheerleader...save the World". Jericho....maybe because of my military training with all the specailized NBC I went through and survival training, I pitch coneption fits at the stupidity / naivity of those folks. LIke the show though. One not metioned is Friday NIght LIghts. Maybe because I live in Texas, I don't know but I really think it gives a good depiction of how crazy small town sports are here in Texas, you really have to feel for the coach. And finally Studio 60. I miss some episodes and dont feel a loss when i do, but I would have to give it a gotta watch rating. I am glad that Sci-Fi does a rerun of Hero's on Friday night . I missed one episode and went through "withdrawl" until I saw the notice on sci fi. Oh and as great as Battlestar is, it ain't a new show this year, so you can't count it in this survey
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 04:05 AM UTC
I must have been the only person on the planet who liked Smith.

Other than that, Lost is losing some of its appeal. Too much time in between 'seasons' and not enough (read as: any) new information in any one episode.

Battlestar Galactica is on the radar

Other than that I can leave much of what's on TV.,

Mike
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 04:11 AM UTC
Dirty Jobs and Mythbusters are set up on the cable dvr box to record weekly. They are on the not to be missed list. "Lost" lost me because nothing ever seems to happen. I mean, keeping people wondering is cool and all but come on. I did not keep up with BSG so I did not follow the new season.
Love "Heroes." Has to one of the best new shows in the last couple of years.

Shaun

Oh, anyone that wants to pitch in and comment about current "new" seasons of old shows is more than welcome. Just wanted input on what everyone is watching, good bad new old.

/Post away
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 1,901 Posts
KitMaker Network: 237 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 05:05 AM UTC
House M.D. has to be my must see. Fantastic acting from Hugh Laurie and cast and great story lines.

Frank
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 04:58 AM UTC
Nip / Tuck is as wild as ever as is Boston Legal. And I'm one of those guys that gets cracked up by Desperate Housewives. Being on a SUnday night is a good spot as there really is nothing else I care to see then. Don't like cartoons that have been on for 20 years (at least it seems that way) and "always solve the case" cop shows.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 05:41 AM UTC
I loove Heroes and I too watch Jericho.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,744 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 06:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all,
Anyone viewed TheTeam its at about the forth week of showing here in the UK ,Stories are based on the exploits of a Delta Force type unit.Probably has been running for a while in Canada and the US any comments good bad ?get better or worse.

Phil

We have a show here called "The Unit" about a Delta Force style team. It starts out very well and then in the 2nd season deteriorates into a soap opera. I really liked it at first and now I can't watch it.
They may have changed the name in the UK.

I've cancelled all of my TV except for the "Playboy" channel. There's always something interesting on there.
Jeff