TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Battle Star Galactica gets back on track
Vadster
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 987 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2006 - 02:07 AM UTC
tonight - just an FYI for those who liked it and may have forgotten - 2 back to back episodes tonight on Sci-Fi
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2006 - 03:38 PM UTC
I caught part of it. Thought I would make an attempt to get caught up since the first seasons were so good. Got disgusted with the overt political crap and changed the channel. Insurgents, detainees being tortured, suicide bombers, police kicking doors and dragging off suspects in the middle of the night, etc.
They need to save the current events for the news networks and do Sci Fi.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Shaun
Sabot
entire network: 12,596 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,557 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2006 - 05:18 PM UTC
I don't like the current New Caprica storyline either, but am curious to see how they work themselves out of the hole. Just picked up season 2.5 on DVD at the PX for a whopping $35.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 1,065 Posts
KitMaker Network: 497 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2006 - 09:04 PM UTC
Got home late last night and fliped the set on while I was doing something and for some reason Sci Fi channel came up and this was on. Was only half paying attention and catching a few words and what I heard sounded like the CNN headlines.

Not that that's bad depending on what you're into, but this was so thinly veiled I was suprised. Nothing wrong with fictional drama being political commentary only this was so obvious even the simplest of viewers would know exactly what it's about.

Might as well call it Battlestar Baghdad and save some money on the outer space effects.

That said, it does look decent but not something I'll watch. And not because of the commentary, just don't have time!

Steve
TankSGT
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
entire network: 1,139 Posts
KitMaker Network: 55 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 12:19 AM UTC
Darn I have it on tape to watch, Early bed time. Well I guess I'll watch it any way but I'm not excited to see it any more. Well there still is the blond Cylon to watch.

Tom
Dixon66
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 1,500 Posts
KitMaker Network: 154 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 08:17 PM UTC
I was pretty much POed by what I saw Friday night, but as Sabot said, I'm curious how they're going to get them out of this.

I will give it one or two more weeks, then if things don't straighten out and become science fiction, I'm done with the Sci-Fi Channel.

As soon as I saw that they were going to be broadcasting wrestling, I knew that things were going wrong there.

Dave S.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 09:59 PM UTC
I didn't really have a problem although I recognize the political message that was being portrayed.

I thought it was good for a story.
oldstl1000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 83 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 10:00 PM UTC
Call me old school, I guess, but I liked the old Battle Star Gallactical better.

I feel some older shows as well as movies should be left alone. Not redone.

That is just my two cents.

Later,

Oldstl1000
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 01:07 AM UTC
The sooner the get off New Caprica and back into space the better. Here's hoping 'the Old Man' will get a rescue plan in gear and get everybody back on Galactica and Pegasus and get the hell outta Dodge. I like the "rag-tag fleet trying to find earth and keep ahead of the frackin' Cylons" game much better. I agree about the overt political crap as well.....might as well watch CNN...

I'm just sayin.....

Removed by original poster on 10/19/06 - 03:10:43 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 10/19/06 - 03:09:20 (GMT).
jlmurc
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,267 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 01:30 AM UTC
Interesting, Is there a new series after they got sucked onto the planet with all of the Cylons at the end of the last season?

I did not see any real way of going on from their although I read somewhere that they were going to explain the Cylon wars, that happened prior to the first pilot.

John
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 02:52 AM UTC
The 3rd season has just begun here in Canada and we're a couple of episodes into the new season. I don't want to spoil it for anybody, but suffice it to say that BSG's Galatica and Pegasus are still out there and will make a rescue bid to get everyone off of New Caprica and away from the clutches of the evil Cylon overlords....

"Spool up the FTL and prepare to jump the fleet....!!"
Fitz
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 439 Posts
KitMaker Network: 109 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 07:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I caught part of it. Thought I would make an attempt to get caught up since the first seasons were so good. Got disgusted with the overt political crap and changed the channel. Insurgents, detainees being tortured, suicide bombers, police kicking doors and dragging off suspects in the middle of the night, etc.
They need to save the current events for the news networks and do Sci Fi.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Shaun

So a drama show isn't allowed to tackle issues that happen in real life?

Ummm, OK, but then what do they do?
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
entire network: 5,409 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 17, 2006 - 07:52 PM UTC
I didn't fully appreciate the New Caprica storyline till the last few eps. Splitting the loyalties of the fleet into those who were on the planet and those who were not was a brilliant concept. It adds a lot of friction to the normally smoother (not completely) running operation.