_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
What do you think... will this "sell"?
KFMagee
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,586 Posts
KitMaker Network: 302 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 07:18 AM UTC
Fellow Figure Modeler,

On behalf of the staff at Hobby Annex, I'd like you to come visit our new model store, located on the SE corner of Preston and Campbell Road (see Mapquest link ..).

While we are still adding to our inventory every day, we can already claim to be the largest modeler's hobby shop in Texas. To make it all worth your while, and as our way of saying thanks for coming in, I have three special offers for members only:

1) free use of our modeler's workshop, complete with a full set of tools and supplies, workbench, and a spray booth with your choice of single or dual action airbrush. We also have tables and chairs for your use if you plan to hold formal meetings. We can seat around 20 modelers of so per meeting. The North Texas Historical Modeler's Society has already reserved the last Saturday of each month for their meeting - so any other day you may chose would be fine. Just have an officer of the club let me know if/when you would like to reserve meeting space... we will add the notice to our store bulletin board as well to help you attract new members.

2) We also offer a 25% discount on any figure you may want that we need to special order for you... while we have easily the largest stock of figures in Texas, we know there are thousands more kits out there that you may be interested in... since we can't stock them all, we invite you to include your orders with ours, and take advantage of our free shipping and speedy bulk delivery.

3) A free bottle of your choice of Acrylic or Enamel paint with each figure purchase from our stock... chose any brand of paint, including Model Master, Tamiya, Testors, and Andrea Color.

To receive this service, simply email your contact information including preferred subject and scale to [email protected] so we can add you into the figure builders club. For example:

"Keith Magee, [email protected] - 54mm civil war figures"

We will neither sell nor share your contact information, and won't bother you with offers that aren't geared towards model-building and the figure focus.

When you come into the store, just let the staff know you are in the Figure Modelers group to take advantage of the special order program.

We hope to bring the variety, economy, and service of a premiere world-class hobby shop back to Dallas... we ask for your support and thank you in advance for your business!

Keith Magee
Owner, Hobby Annex, LLC
17062 Preston Road #122
Dallas, TX 75248
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
entire network: 6,391 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,600 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 09:51 AM UTC
All the best of luck Keith.

It's nice to see a 'proper' brick and mortar place open up, not only to sell, but to provide a place to meet and shoot the breeze.
Which inevitably brings me to mail order... Will you do (overseas) mail order, and will you accept Paypal?

Cheers
Henk
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 04:47 PM UTC
It sounds good, well written, geared toward modelers and the offers are significant so I have to say Yes it will sell.
I'd love to have that kind of LHS around here.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 05:52 AM UTC
Good luck in the place Keith. Always nice seeing a new live walk in hobby shop opening, although it's a bit of a drive for me to get there.
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 03:51 AM UTC
It's pretty nice in there. NOthing but models, and only one shelf dedicated to cars. He has a first rate armor and figure selection so far. And for me....lots of those really big ship kits. Everyone in the store knows I have dibb's on the Hood which is great. For the locals it is a great place to come and talk models. We had our first club meeting in there Saturday, and as I figured, nobody did anythng, we were too busy up front looking at the kits and goodies he had. So if you live in NOrth Texas, or come into town to do business, make it a point to get in there and check it out.
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 4,924 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 02, 2006 - 03:56 AM UTC
Good luck Keith! I'm looking forward to the Faeture article pictures!

Vinnie
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2006 - 11:18 AM UTC
Will be stopping by tomorrow to take some better pictures and the article will be sent off to Vinnie this weekend. I'm really excited about Keith's store, it's going to be nice to have a 'real' model shop in the area as opposed to the 'box store' type hobby shops.
GuyHerrick
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 37 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 13, 2006 - 04:04 PM UTC
Glad to see a real Hobby Store come to the North Texas area. I'll have to drop down from OKC and check you all out.
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 13, 2006 - 04:10 PM UTC
Sounds great. Now, like Scott, I am waiting on a local Hobby Annex Annex.

Best of luck,

Shaun
Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 1,161 Posts
KitMaker Network: 533 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 07:03 AM UTC
Why wait, jump on a plane and come visit. You can even make it a weekend and buy some kits, build them on-site (he has a workbench, compressor and your choice of airbrush) and then jump into the planned Axis and Allies Miniatures games! Plenty of coffee to go around and we all love to bust each others chops. lol
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 - 02:53 AM UTC
Our next group meeting is October 28th. That might be a perfect time to wander down from OKC. It's about a 3 and a half hour drive depending how fast you drive.
medic45
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 38 Posts
KitMaker Network: 37 Posts
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 06:48 AM UTC
Hmm, wonder if I could convince the other half for a long distance road trip to Dallas. Maybe some day cause I do have some relatives that I haven't seen in a long, long, time. Good luck with the store.
modelbuilder82
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
entire network: 44 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 01:51 AM UTC
Sounds like the my kind of shop. I have to drive 60 miles for a decent shop here. The only one in town is owned by some rather rude people. They seem to cater to the rc grouos more then anything. So I just go to Hobbytown up in Seattle.
 _GOTOTOP